1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2014 Liftback changes from 2013?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by BluetoothEdsel, Jan 25, 2014.

1. BluetoothEdsel

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Had planned to buy either a late model CPO or a 2013 closeout Prius Three. But as the closeouts have largely closed out already, find myself considering a 2014. Nothing has really changed from 2013, right? I know there were some front end modifications for IIHS tests - but I'm assuming that won't affect the driving experience in any noticeable way? I've rented 2013's to give them a fairly good going over, but only briefly test drove a 2014 some time ago.

Was assuming that if I decide to go with the 2014 I can just go ahead and ask the dealer to get the color I want. Then realized I'm only *assuming* the color shades and the car itself are identical to 2013....

Thanks for info on what might seem a basic question - but can't seem to find my assumption either confirmed or denied online!

2. HaroldW

HaroldW Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I purchased a 2014. I believe there are some improvements but not sure what. All I can say is it is one fine auto. :)h

3. nodrogkam

nodrogkam Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My dealer told me no differences but you're right about the front-end modifications to improve crash safety for the minor-overlap type crashes. They also source their rims for the 15" size from one manufacturer now to reduce the variability of crash-test results.

I don't believe there were any other modifications to the vehicle...and I think both navigation units are still on the same map program (with an update due...).

If you're planning on reselling the car in a few years then get the 2014. Otherwise if you find a 2013 you like, that's probably a better deal in the long run. 1000 miles and about 1 month in...I'm really liking this car.

BluetoothEdsel likes this.