1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2014 Minor Upgrades?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by SuperGLS, Aug 20, 2013.

1. SuperGLS

SuperGLS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Autoblog had a story today about the FJ40 that briefly mentioned that Toyota's Fleet site said there would be minor upgrades to the 2014 Prius.

Here's what Autoblog said about the Prius:

When I visit the fleet site now there doesn't seem to be any mention of it.

What kinds of minor upgrades can we expect? Or will they be so minor that it won't matter much? Any ideas?

2. Michael M. Maslowski

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Interested in the topic myself. Perhaps, minor as changes in trim configurations. Waiting patiently.

3. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Package changes perhaps, like 2014 Prius v now allowing the moon roof to be ordered a la carte in a v Three. Maybe they will change around what's in various packages, allowing more things to be ordered up separately etc, just using the info out for the v as a starting point. Could even be some cosmetic change albeit slight but I doubt it using gen II as an example. Maybe another Persona type special edition.

Like Toyota said in the article, they don't discuss future product beyond the present or upcoming MY so we will have to wait and see, as anything else will just be more speculation added to the mix.

4. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    There were updates in 2012. I suspect the 2014 model will have updated different electronics, such as the GPS, radio, etc. Maybe even the console screen. The "lower" models without that may not see much. They will certainly mess with the available colours and packages. They always do.

5. SuperGLS

SuperGLS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Does Toyota generally release product info before the cars are on the lots in these cases? Obviously for all new models and total refreshes there are expansive press releases, but for minor things like the 2012 updates mentioned above?

I'm pretty much only interested in a Four because of the heated seats and lumbar support. I'd hate to buy a Four now and come to find out in a month or two that I could get that stuff on a lower priced Three.

6. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yeah, there will most likely be a press release on the 14's before you can walk on the lot and find one.

7. SuperGLS

SuperGLS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I was actually at the dealership when I posted above. I was talking to the sales manager and expressed my feelings about any possible 2014 model year changes and he said "Oh, I have an email about 2014 changes." He went back to his office and came back out with a bunch of pages of changes for a variety of vehicles and for the Prius liftback there was a note that said "no changes" or something to that effect. So I guess I should be fairly comfortable putting that out of my mind.

There were changes listed for the c and the v though. One or two lines for each, didn't seem anything major, and I apologize for not looking more closely. However I'll be at another dealer tomorrow and I'll try the same thing there to see what happens.

Michael M. Maslowski likes this.
  8. MPGnutcase

MPGnutcase Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Maybe a new color for the Persona

9. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Yes, Lizard Green. :LOL:

WE0H and MPGnutcase like this.
  10. Michael M. Maslowski

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the update on that, SuperGLS; super interested in the topic. It would be awesome of you could find any info on the V refresh. I am personally not expecting much , as it has been already mentioned by the Modertor somewhere here. That being said, the more we know, the better.

Thanks for your update!

11. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Are you worried about looking dated with your 2012 or are you looking for an excuse to offload it for the newest model? A number of members have retrofitted their 2010-11 with 2012-13 parts. Easily done if they're just minor refreshes.

12. SuperGLS

SuperGLS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    No, see my other post above. Just was worried about package changes.

I'm keeping the 2012, just getting another one.

13. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes! With Blacked out headlights as well! :p

14. SuperGLS

SuperGLS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Michael, sorry the dealer I was at today wasn't as forthcoming withe the 2014 info so I wasn't able to get anything. I may visit the original dealer tomorrow and if I do I'll see what I can uncover.

15. rfruth

rfruth Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hope the 2014's have Side Blind Zone alert (whatever they might call it) images (2).jpg

16. MPGnutcase

MPGnutcase Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four

Yes that would be nice!! Mazda has put in on all their cars-- everyone should

17. Michael M. Maslowski

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not a problem, SuperGLS. I will wait patiently. The dealer that I have been working with for a while is not forthcoming either.

I appreciate your effort.

18. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    I have only one comment. MPGnutcase's avatar is a chameleon, rather than a lizard. They're the same but different. ;)
    So it would be chameleon green (it could change with the background or with his mood).

19. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    True! But still dark black headlights.

20. SuperGLS

SuperGLS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Visited a third dealer today and the saleswoman simply said "No, no changes in 2014." I told her that I know each year they make minor changes to available colors and packages she insisted there wouldn't be any changes "and they won't be in until February anyway." I explained I could happily wait until then.

Seems to me that most dealers don't care at all about customer service and only care about making their next sale. I guess I knew before, but, they shouldn't be so blatant.