1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2014 Nautical blue w/ performance package?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by prius119, Feb 26, 2014.

1. prius119

prius119 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi all,

Thought I purchased a 2014 nautical blue prius III w/ the performance package but after two months of waiting, the dealer told us the Toyota plant in Michigan does not produce the Nautical Blue w/ that option, mainly because of the ground effects kit. The plant says they only paint the ground effects kit in white, black, and grey(I called the plant and confirmed this). My question for you all is, do any one of you have a 2014 Nautical blue with the ground effects kit and if so, was it straight from the dealership? My other question is, should I just change the color of the car or should I get the nautical blue w/ the 17in rims and no kit? Thanks all.

2. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I did not know that Toyota manufactured the Prius in the US.

3. MKART

MKART Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    They don't. The prius is strictly manufactured in Japan.

4. MKART

MKART Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    They don't. The prius is strictly manufactured in Japan.

5. MKART

MKART Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sorry- I know I didn't post that twice.

Anyway, it really comes down to your personal preferences. Is your heart set on Nautical Blue? Or would you rather have the tech?

6. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    :D(y)

7. prius119

prius119 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It is a hard decision. The thing is, the deal I got was initially for a 2014 Nautical blue prius w/ the appearance package, which is the wheels and ground effects kit only. Now the dealer is saying they will give me the performance package for the same price if I change the color. I do have my heart set on Nautical blue but it is a great offer for just changing the color. I guess that's why I'm asking if anyone out there got a 2014 Nautical blue prius with the ground effects kit to see if there is any hope. I know I can get the kit unpainted but the cost after painting and install is higher and there is always a chance the paint doesn't perfectly match.

8. MKART

MKART Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    as far as the paint matching, as long as you bring it to a good place, the should be able to order the exact color. It may look slightly different because it may be applied differently, but not enough to notice unless you really looked for the color variation.

I don't know much about the different features of the two packages, but I can say that those 17" rims look pretty good (y)

9. prius119

prius119 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I agree about the rims. I never thought I would spend 2000 dollars on rims. The performance package comes with kit, rims, springs, and three sway bars. Thinking about switching to the white color now but I love seeing a clean nautical blue Prius.

10. MKART

MKART Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have heard great things about how the sway bars and springs really help the drive