1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2014 Prius battery reset **URGENT**

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by aizaz.arshad, Mar 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. aizaz.arshad

aizaz.arshad New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey everyone!

it's been a month now that I was getting this message
    "cooling performance of the hybrid battery is low consult a dealer" so I took the terminals out of the battery and plugged them in after a couple of minutes. The message went away however when I reversed the vehicle I don't see the guidelines when turning the wheels.

Please help what should I do.

2. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Were the guidelines turning with the steering wheel before the terminals were unplugged?

3. Aaron Vitolins

Aaron Vitolins Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It might be in the settings on the touchscreen. Also, did you clean your hybrid battery fan? If not, you need to clean it. It gives a warning for a reason!

4. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That could be an ordinary blockage/impairment message. I got something to that effect back on an extremely hot day when someone sitting in back covered up the intake vent for the battery-pack. The system detected the problem and displayed a warning on the screen. Check to make sure air is able to pass through.

Robert Holt likes this.
  5. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    A problem was indicated.
    That problem should be FIXED.
    Removing the power from the computers so that the error indication is erased is ***NOT*** fixing the problem.

You need to forget about the guide lines in the camera for a while and get the battery cooling system checked and probably cleaned.

Aaron Vitolins likes this.
  6. StarCaller

StarCaller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    it's kinda hard to follow the 'logic' of trying to reset something when an overheating alarm shows up & it puzzles me that the missing guide lines are your top priority instead of your real problem /

7. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Perhaps OP is not a skilled parallel Parker. The cost of repair when smashing into other vehicles when parallel parking may exceed cost of cleaning fan which can be deferred.

I only parallel park when I’m at SF other wise i don’t parallel park at all.