1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2014 Prius Five Add Aftermarket Moonroof

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by ArizonaJon, Aug 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ArizonaJon

ArizonaJon New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I bought myself a Toyota Certified 2014 Prius Five with every added feature available and with the advanced technology package. Unfortunately, Toyota does not make the Five trim level with a moonroof option. When I bought the car the salesman told me that is because the Prius Five has 17 inch wheels. I am not sure what on earth wheel size would have to do with the ability to have a moonroof. I am thinking about having an aftermarket moonroof installed on my vehicle. I have found a local place that does very high quality work and they say they can do this. I am not talking about the solar sunroof that some Prius's have. This would be more of a traditional moonroof. Is it safe to do this? Does anyone know what the car salesman was talking about when he said that 17 inch wheels can not have a moonroof? I did buy an extended warranty with the vehicle. If I did this would it void that warranty?

Burna J likes this.
  2. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Don't do it.

As per the moon roof not being offered on the Trim 5, the official word had to do with weight considerations (same reason the Plug-in doesn't have it). It would increase the weight to the point where MPG would be below 50 (supposedly, I would have ordered it on my Plug-in no question if it was offered).