1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2014 Prius Five DRL on with headlights and flickering issue

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by White98ARISTO, Mar 4, 2017.

1. White98ARISTO

White98ARISTO Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    All,

I just purchased a 2014 Prius Five and have searched the forum, for an exact answer, but everything that I have found on this was on a 2013 and older. Hoping someone with a 2014 Prius Five can confirm is Toyota made this factory or if the previous owner modified it?

So our 2014 has DRL on when turned to AUTO and car is READY. When I turn on the headlights, the DRL turns off, which sounds in line with everything I found online. But when I turn on the fog switch, the fogs turn on AND the DRL lights stay on. Did the previous owner do this or is this standard on the 2014+? From what I found online, It looks like there is a way to wire this up for 2013 and older, but after looking at the fuse box in the engine bay, driver, and passenger side, I don't see any cables jumped to the DLR fuse.

Another weird thing that is happening is after awhile, the DRL begin to flicker when the headlights/fogs are on. When its just the DRL on without headlights, they don't flicker.

Can anyone please confirm if the DRL on with headlights is stock and an what the flickering problem could be? Thanks.

-Tommy

2. BethPet

BethPet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have a 2014 4 and when my headlights are on, my DRLs are off... I don't have the fog lights, but it sounds like they jacked and with your wiring! My DRLs address fantastic and do not flicker. Best of luck! Great car!!

Pixel XL ?

3. White98ARISTO

White98ARISTO Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yeah, if I don't turn on the fogs, the DRL turn off with just the headlights on. I think this is the way it should work, but the DRL are still on when I have both the headlights and fogs. Very strange. Hoping that someone with a Prius Five can confirm, since the Five is the only one that comes standard with foglights. Also, the flickering only happen with both headlights an fogs are on. They don't ever flicker when just the DRL lights are on with no headlights. Thanks.

-Tommy