1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2014 prius v three ordered but having trouble

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Cody6003, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Cody6003

Cody6003 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I ordered a 2014 prius v three in red with the light brown enterior with certain options, one of witch was the moonroof. The dealer has received notice of their next 2 allotments with nothing close to what I ordered. Does the plant pay any attention to customer orders or is it just a crapshoot as to getting what you want?

Cody6003

2. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    You're assuming that dealer did actually "order" that car, and isn't just surfing the inventory looking for one. Toyota has removed the moonroof option from their web site, and nobody has ever seen a 3-model with one. So it seems likely that they don't exist. If you really want one you'll probably need to go with a 5-model and ATP.

3. Northernguy

Northernguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Why not wait for the 2015 model? They are suppose to be faster and more fuel efficient.

4. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Have you asked the dealer to show you the order and factory order/build tracking?

5. dan2l

dan2l 2014 Prius v wagon

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hello Cody,
    I suggest going to a different dealer.

I found a salesperson that could search all Prius coming from Japan to the USA. Then he diverted the one I wanted .

Where are you at? If you put your location in your profile then maybe someone in your area can recommend a dealer to you.

Thanks,
    Dan

6. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I think you're referring to the re-design for the hatchback, which probably doesn't relate to the wagon.

You guys are missing the point, which is that a model-3 with a moon roof may not even exist at all. At least not yet. It may be possible to order one but that doesn't mean you'll see it any time soon, or even this year.

7. Cody6003

Cody6003 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Actually there are some available with moonroofs(on the sales lots) Just not in the colors or options that i have requested.

Cody6003 Louisville ky

8. Bache Walter

Bache Walter New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That lets us compare different cars to each other, and over time, we've found that our results tally quite closely to owner experiences--if not always EPA ratings.

9. shawnpjh

shawnpjh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Unless you pre-pay for your vehicle, I've never seen a dealer order exactly what someone wants down to the letter. They do as described and look at inventory, then pay a small fee (passed on to you or may not be) to transfer a vehicle. If you say you "ordered" it, this implies you also paid for it in advance and you should absolutely get what you ordered or you don't have to accept it. You can get a refund since the order (legally, a contract) wasn't fulfilled. Look at your order invoice and it should list everything you paid for. If what they try to provide doesn't fit it, request your money back.

10. Cody6003

Cody6003 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Well I received a call from the sales manager today. He told me my car was completed on Dec 13 and was on the way to port to be loaded. Should arrive first part of Jan. And was built exactly as I ordered. I will post if it arrives and if it is as ordered.

11. Cody6003

Cody6003 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Well my car finally arrived on Jan. 29 and we picked it up on Jan. 30. Car was as I ordered including options and exterior and exterior colors. The protective factory film was more noticeable on hood than I had expected but not a big issue with me if it protects the paint job against chipping. Really love it so far. I am still learning how to operate many of the electronic features.