1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2014 Prius won’t shift into gear

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Josh Cottrell, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Josh Cottrell

Josh Cottrell New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Hey! Hope I’m posting in the right place. As of today, my Prius refuses to shift gears. Basically what happens when I try to turn on the car is that the dashboard turns on and all the indicator lights stay on (oddly enough the media console doesn’t turn on, though). If I try to shift it into any gear, I just get two short beeps.

The key fob works, as I can use it to lock/unlock the car as normal. I’ve also heard that it could be a brake sensor not being able to tell if I’m holding the brake while turning the car on, but I don’t think that’s the case, as the light on the car’s power button turns from orange to green while I’m pressing the brake down. However, once I take my foot off the brake, the light just turns orange again.

Any help or troubleshooting suggestions would be much appreciated! I’ve never had any problems with the car since I got it in 2016, and it showed no indication of malfunctioning prior to this.

2. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    Check the 12v battery voltage

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model: