1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2014 Toyota Corolla LE ECO Test Drive Impression !!!

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by HAWAIIANBUILT, Jan 22, 2014.

1. HAWAIIANBUILT

HAWAIIANBUILT Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    HEY THERE PRIUS CHAT FOLKS !!!

:):):):)

My latest Toyota Test Drive Opportunity was the 2014 Toyota Corolla LE ECO Version !!!

**This is a Non-Hybrid Vehicle**

[​IMG]

Delivered early this month, I had about a weeks time to do a thorough evaluation !!!

With the CES (Consumer Electronics Show) www.cesweb.org held in Las Vegas, Nevada at that time this was the perfect opportunity for an ECO Road Trip !!!

For more Technical Information please visit :

Toyota Corolla 2014 | Compact Cars
    http://www.toyota.com/configurator/#!/series/corolla/grade/LE Eco

I will be providing my Test Drive Evaluation *After* my Pictoral Presentation so stay tuned ...

Here are my pictures :

Accepted delivery at the Toyota National Headquarters in Torrance, Southern California

[​IMG]

Without hesitation we were en route to Las Vegas, Nevada.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And we Arrived !!!

[​IMG]

After an exciting time there at the CES 2014 Show it was time to head home to So Cal.

First item on the agenda :

Thorough Cleaning Inside and Out !!!

[​IMG]

And Voila !!!

[​IMG]

Exterior Impression :

Clean and Sharp New Redesign

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tires

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Engine :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Interior Impression :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Information Center :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Instrument Cluster :

[​IMG]

With an Estimated 30/42 City/Highway MPG

Here are My Results :

**Individual Results May Vary due to Internal and External Conditions, Driving Style, Hypermiling, etc.**

City Driving MPG 34.5

[​IMG]

Highway Driving MPG : 46.7

[​IMG]

Final Impression :

Exterior : I am very pleased with the All New Redesign of the 2014 Toyota Corolla, it presents a bold new look compared to its predecessor. The wide mouth front grille and the clean defined character lines throughout are distinct. Both the Front and Rear Lights are prominent and bright both during the day and night.

Interior : The Interior appointments were very comfortable and supportive. There was enough support for the comfortable 4 hour ride to and from Las Vegas without me feeling tired and fatigued. There was ample leg and shoulder room for me to enjoy the spaciousness of the cabin. The seating material was comfortable and easy to clean. I really enjoyed the light material personally and with the stitching design. The Instrument Cluster/Panel and Center Console was all well thought of ergonomically and within reach and visibility. I did not have to strain my eyes to see any of the information both on the Cluster and Center Console.

Entertainment : Connection with both the Bluetooth and the AUX/USB ports were straightforward and easy to sync with my mobile device (iPhone). I streamed Pandora throughout the trip with ease.

Suspension / Comfort : The suspension was responsive and secure. The vehicle felt stable and always under control during the mild road conditions I was subjected to. Road and wind noise was minimal.

Engine Efficiency : With an Estimated MPG at 30/42 and with my style of driving in regards to both exterior and interior influences I was able to achieve an MPG of 34.5/46.7 thanks to learning how to drive with my 3rd Generation Prius !!!

Again for more Technical Information please visit :

Toyota Corolla 2014 | Compact Cars
    http://www.toyota.com/configurator/#!/series/corolla/grade/LE Eco

In conclusion, I recommend any of the 2014 Toyota Corollas : L, LE, LE Eco, and S.

MPG Comparison by Model :

L 28/37
    LE 29/38
    LE Eco 30/42
    S 29/37

My Personal Preference : The Corolla LE Eco model of course !!!

Many thanks to the folks at Toyota Motor Sales at the National Headquarters in Torrance, Ca for another great Test Drive Opportunity ... Stay tuned next for more Toyota Eco Adventures !!!

[​IMG]

:):):):)

Rodney

2. IanIanIanIan

IanIanIanIan Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    This reads as if it written by a Toyota flack.

HAWAIIANBUILT likes this.
  3. Infini

Infini Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Personally I think it's a very unattractive car and is it me or is the rear too high? Interior looks fully loaded for a car of that class. Glad you had fun Rodney and god luck with your future test rides :)