1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Engine Revving When off of accelerator pedal

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by wilsonsk, Nov 13, 2019.

1. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Reving after releasing gas. | PriusChat

That thread might at least be worth a read.

For the Gen3, the battery intake is between rear seat and passenger side door. about elbow area if sitting
    The kind young @Mendel Leisk can add schematics of the single bolt if necessary,
    but check at least the intake to see if you need to clean it out and the HV batt fan.

The original 12v battery, could also check that.
    -best to pop hood, and let rest overnight then touch jump points with multimeter to see resting voltage.
    The vacuum lines would worth be looked at too.
    70k miles in 2 years? wow that is a lot...just to add...

2. iskoos

iskoos Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    To the OP, Did you read the thread PriusGuy32 linked?
    I have read that thread and some other one where the culprit was that EVAP vent valve. That part is very cheap (under $100), easy to replace.
    I would check that one before spending several hundreds on a 12volt battery replacement.

PriusGuy32 likes this.
  3. anonymous

anonymous Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just read the first post and glanced over some other posts including the one with the DTCs and I am sure you have your EVAP purge valve stuck open. Hit it with a tool and the issue will probably go away.

bisco likes this.