1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 JBL system unresponsive

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by danpenning, Jan 9, 2018.

1. danpenning

danpenning New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hello,

A few days ago my Prius 4 started disconnecting my phone's bluetooth connection. After doing several checks, I upgraded the software version to 5.2.

Unfortunately the updated software didn't solve the issue. I then checked the connections at the JBL amp under the passenger seat and everything looked good to me. At this time the radio and beep from the touch screen were working.

This morning the radio and the beep don't work. The screen also doesn't make any indication when I try to change the volume (usually it would say volume and then a number).

I ran the internal diagnostics and got the attached screenshots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any ideas how to get this working again?

Thanks!

Dan

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    is that saying the amp is not connected?

3. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hit the INIT button, I'm thinking it will initialize (reinitialize) the connection between amp and JBL head unit. Agreed with bisco, NCON could be short for not connected.

bisco likes this.
  4. danpenning

danpenning New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I did a much more thorough check of the amp connections and found a loose one... it was the one all the way to the passenger side on the back of the amp. Reconnecting it solved my issue. Thanks for your help!

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    pleasure.

6. Darla

Darla Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Same exact problem. I'm glad you fixed yours. I'm hoping mine is a simple as a poor connection. But, how did you check the amp connections? I'm clueless with all of this. I have had this 2015 Prius 4 for less than 24 hours. I believe the jbl amp box is under the passengers seat? are those the connections I need to check? If so, how do i remove the black plastic covering if needed? I really wish there were a video on checking these connections as it seem I'm not the only one with this issue and probably won't be the last.

7. Darla

Darla Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    How do you check the amp connections? Where it is located? & How do i check? I'm having the same problem. Thanks!