1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Navigation GPs Map Update

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by gr8lukn, Aug 18, 2015.

1. gr8lukn

gr8lukn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Does anyone know how to update the Navigation system maps or is any are available? Bought car 8/2014, figure there has to be an update over the last year.

2. matt b.

matt b. Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Go to the dealership if there is they're the ones to ask

3. DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I don't know if this will help, but it looks like Toyota updates map DVDs every year. This site says they were updated in Nov 2014 and the next update is due sometime this Nov. I don't know how up-to-date the maps are when released and if I'm reading this right and the price for a new DVD is $170 every time you want a new one, I'll keep my Garmin Nuvi w/lifetime updates or use my smartphone to find destinations. I currently use them in conjunction with the Prius nav. I search on the Nuvi/phone and then use voice commands to enter the addresses into the Prius for the actual turn-by-turn directions, mostly because I like the integrated audio. The Nuvi sits near the small window to the left of the steering wheel within easy reach. I have presets for our favorite POIs, so I don't have to do any typing and it's just a few clicks to find a motel, restaurant or service station. To be completely open, I do a lot of preplanning and most destinations/waypoints are already entered into the Prius the night before.

Toyota Parts: Toyota Navigation Upgrade Discs

lar.smith42 likes this.
  4. Eug

Eug Swollen Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Technology
    Ah. I need to bring my 2012 PiP now (Advanced Tech package) for bumper repair (rear-ended), and was going to ask about a map update, but I guess I should probably wait until winter?

My current map version is 21-12-27 with a date of 2012-06-1.

I had thought the June 2012 date might mean the updates occured in the summer.