1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Prius C new to me

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by michael.sfo, Oct 15, 2018.

1. michael.sfo

michael.sfo Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hello world! I just bought a 2015 Prius C 2 at the dealership on Saturday. I haven't owned a car in 18 years, but my current 90-mile roundtrip commute has become untenable by public transit and occasional carpools, and I can't change the start or end points. This car was just returned by its first owner at the end of the lease and has 22,600 miles. I'll be driving 3 days a week. I got it for $15,500 with CPO warranty, which seems fair for the San Francisco Bay Area marketplace. I have bought a dashcam and planning on getting an iPhone windshield mount. I've already read the 2008 "what every newb should know" post, and now I am reaching out to ask you... what else should I know? I've been a Zipcar member for 10 years so I still know how to drive, thanks ; ) Any tips will be greatly appreciated!
    Meet the car: Boris Badenov.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  2. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome - There isn't really a whole lot to tell you other than to just drive the car like normal. If you like, you can cycle through your dash display until you see the "ECO" display. I utilized that screen to "train" me in how to get the best mpg's in my C. Seemed to really help me get familiar with the car. As an owner of a "C", I'd say to remember to keep an eye on your HV battery cooling fan The intake/screen for that is directly underneath the Drivers side rear seat. It's very easy to clean, and it's wise to see that it stays clean!

michael.sfo likes this.
  3. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats & welcome! nice ride!

michael.sfo likes this.