1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Prius Iphone 6 loses connection both USB and BT

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Chuckolicious, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Chuckolicious

Chuckolicious Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hey there,

Iphone 6, IOS 8.4 This problem used to be intermittent/rare and now has become more common. When starting the car after a few hours of being off, my phone and the head unit work via USB perfectly. Bluetooth too, though USB is much better quality.

Then, at some point down the road, head unit will say "Stopped". No matter what I do at that point, it just sits on "Loading", be it USB or BT. And sometimes the head until really freaks out and when I hit the power button it says Audio Off at the top but the Sources screen just stays there and is active. And, phone functions, Siri, etc, all still work. Yes, tried switching cable too, no help.

I've found that just turning the car off and on does not help. But once the car has been off for a few hours, everything works again.

I tried swapping phones to an iPhone 5 when it was exhibiting the problem, no help and same problems.

I took a video of some of this behavior as I just know it'll be a gremlin that the dealer will be confused about, won't manifest when I bring it to the shop, etc. But anyone have any info on this?