1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Prius Persona - Immaculate with upgrades - $23K - Wisconsin - TRADED/SOLD!

Discussion in 'Prius Cars For Sale' started by Jim Shannon, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Jim Shannon

Jim Shannon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I've owned this blizzard white Prius new since January of this year. The only reason I'm looking to sell is that I've found a great deal on a 2014 ELR and have been pining for that car since it's launch. Please see the attached photos. The upgrades (all I think enhancing the car) since I purchased it new are:

35% tint all around
    Toyota OEM mudflaps
    Tanabe DF210 lowering springs (alignment completed at Hesser Toyota after install - have documentation)
    Tanabe strut tower brace
    Gas pressure hood struts (no more cheap hood rod)
    Sharkfin antenna
    3M gloss roof wrap (so many complements on this upgrade. Don't like it? You can remove it)
    18" TSW Nurburgring gunmetal wheels
    18" Yokohama YK580 tires (less than 5K miles on the tires and wheels, TPMS sensors installed and calibrated)
    17" Continental winter tires on steel rims (with TPMS sensors installed)
    WeatherTech all weather mats, front and rear

All in, over $3K in upgrades included in this. As you can see in the photo, the front windshield has a crack running along the bottom. The windshield WILL BE replaced before the new owner takes possession. I have all services completed and documented. I'm going to take a little bath on this for equity and am therefore pricing the car to move quickly, price is firm. This car is in near new condition and I take extremely good care of my vehicles. Please, serious inquires only, have your finances in order, I don't need assistance selling and I'm not interested in a trade of any kind. If you have any questions at all, feel free to contact me at (608) 436-6890.

Jim

Photos are located at the following site:

Prius4Sale - Album on Imgur

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Softex interior? Dark gray?

3. apt5020

apt5020 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Five
    24K with the upgrade is good price. Best of luck

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It would be hard to get any value on your custom add ons. Either take them off or get pennies on the dollar for them.

5. Jim Shannon

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Softex, black. The camera flash washed those interior shots out a bit and made them look gray.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    beautiful car at a great price, all the best on your sale jim! keep us posted on the elr, we don't get many owners here(y)

7. Jim Shannon

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I'll keep you posted as soon as I get some activity! :D

bisco likes this.
  8. Jim Shannon

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    So, last chance here, I've gotten the dealership to go up a little on trade value and working backwards from that, I'm willing to sell the Prius for the first $23,000 I get. I have the cash to get the lien to that exact number and it's also made very simple because I have a 0% interest loan on it, so no fuzzy 10 day pay off math to work around. Working backwards means if I trade it in I'd get a tax discount towards the ELR, I can transfer my license plates instead of having to pay for new ones, I don't have fix the windshield and I can sell my Weathertech mats and my full set of winter wheels/and tires. For one lucky buyer, $23,000 is a steal I think and I make no more off this selling here than trading it in and doing what I outlined above. I'd love for someone who's been on the fence in the forum to end up being an owner as opposed to it simply being sold off to a Toyota dealership who's going to mark it back up. If I don't get a PM by Saturday afternoon, I'll move forward with trading it. Thanks!

9. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You should trade it in and save the tax on $23000

10. Jim Shannon

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Let me clarify, backing out the tax savings, the cost of replacing the windshield, etc. gets me a lot less than $23,000. It's why I started here.

Anyway, I realized too that the photos I linked for this basically sucked as the car was sitting in my garage and not easy to see or really appreciate (IMHO). So, here's a new group of them, taken yesterday.

Prius round 2 - Album on Imgur

11. Jim Shannon

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I'm pulling the trigger on trading this in for the ELR. Local dealer is now probably sick of the thought of a 17th month with his ELR sitting there and they've stepped up to $22,500 for trade and when I add in the tax savings, ability to sell the extras (look for postings for my Weathertech mats and full set of winter tires/steelies) and not have to fix the crack in the windshield, it's a no brainer.

bisco likes this.
  12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    good deal, please report back with pics and experience, all the best!(y)

13. Jim Shannon

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    As promised, here's a pic of the new ELR.

sfv41901 and Blizzard_Persona like this.