1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Prius Persona Nav update question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by cobraz, Nov 28, 2016.

1. cobraz

cobraz Prius Pirate

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I read allot of post..but was confused...I saw there are DVDs.and SD cards on ebay..so I have the non JBL radio..it is the HD one..so do I get a DVD update on eBay as I can't find an SD slot ? Do the eBay ones work ?..paying $170 dealers sounds too high...I know I use Wazes on my phone...allot but there are times just want to use the cars for those short trips.
    Any help explaining this would be great and how to do it..just got this car a few weeks ago and it's different than my 08.

SAMSUNG-SM-G925A ?

#1 cobraz, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Most likely, the cheap dvds you see on eBay are copies and we don't allow for linking to those auctions or discussion about how to get illegal copies of the nav dvds on Priuschat. So those users who reply in this thread, dont 'go there' when it comes to illegal ways of getting nav updates.

Just throwing it out there early because more often than not threads in this topic end up being moderated by various moderators.

3. cobraz

cobraz Prius Pirate

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Oh ..I did not know those were illegal because they said Toyota on them.. I thought they were OEMs...sorry. But can you tell me on the 2015 is it SD, USB or DVD that updates the map..could not figure that out that was my question. Thanks.

SAMSUNG-SM-G925A ?

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the only place you can get an update is at the dealer. they will know what it has, although i realize this doesn't answer your question. there is a thread here with the answers, but darned if i can find it, sorry. i know it depends on year and package, which defines which h/u is installed.