1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Prius Two dead as soon as I power it off

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by AdamXX, Aug 29, 2021.

Tags:
  1. AdamXX

AdamXX New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think the original Toyota battery is really good, mine lasted 130k miles in 5 years before I had to replace it last June (I forgot to check the warranty though). I bought this one (that was giving me trouble) from AdvanceAutoParts for $150 ($200 - $50 discount) and it is of the Autocraft Platinium brand (3 years warranty). I'd say, avoid this brand. The replacement I got today is of their DieHard Platinium brand (same 3 years warranty), not sure how long this one will last.

Higgins909 likes this.
  2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    delete

#22 rjparker, Sep 2, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    A high parasitic draw could damage the battery. Normally a good agm battery will recover after a jump.

In most relatively new battery failures, it is just a cheap battery that developed an internal open. With your new battery, verify the off state battery voltage stays above 12.3v overnight several times over the next few weeks. If it does lose too much voltage get a parasitic draw test. That test normally requires an amp meter in series with the battery negative and everything off including the doors and hatch closed.

Your windows might need calibration. Pages 109-112 in the manual, at least in my year. Each window has its own 25a fuse but if the driver's side was blown I would not expect that window to work in any way. If your Driver's window lock switch is active, ONLY the driver's window controls would work but the driver could control each window. But that scenerio is not your reported problem.

. Prius v series ammeter parasitic draw setup.jpeg

#23 rjparker, Sep 2, 2021
  4. AdamXX

AdamXX New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you! I will get an amp meter to check that.

Window problem is solved! Roll down the window and hold the button for 3 seconds, then roll up the window and hold the button for 3 seconds. Do this for each window. What a puzzle!

#24 AdamXX, Sep 2, 2021