1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Prius Two - Traction control light, ABS light, and brake light on

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by asteros, Oct 20, 2016.

1. asteros

asteros New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I read some threads about this issue but they are all buried in older forums.

I have been using an OBD reader (BAFX Products 34t5 Bluetooth OBDII Scan Tool for Android Devices) with the free version of Torque on my phone for a month now. No issues.
    Then I started using a tablet to run the paid version of Torque. And about 3rd or 4th time I suddenly started seeing traction control light, ABS light, and brake light go on while Torque was trying to communicate with the reader. Problems that I was seeing were no braking power, little acceration, and no charging of the traction battery.

After shutting off the car and disconnecting the reader the lights went off. And the car became normal. So it is clear that the tablet and the Torque pro were the problems, and not the OBD reader. But I am not sure which of the two was the root cause.

Anyone has any similar experience?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hmmm. I would go back through the setup menus on the Torque and make sure everything is aligned. Could be that there is something set up wrongly. I would think there is a drop down that would specify "Hybrid". Maybe it's set for "Gasoline". This would cause all kinds of problems when the iCE shuts down at stops.

#2 BZzap!, Oct 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016