1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Prius....Two vs. Three pros/cons?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Karen K., Jan 20, 2016.

1. Karen K.

Karen K. New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello. I am getting ready to purchase a new 2015 Prius and wanted to know if anyone can tell me what their thoughts are on the pro/cons of the trims Two and Three? I have done my research but wanted to see if anyone on here had any additional thoughts or comments to add. I previously owned a 2006 Toyota Prius. Been driving a Honda Civic for a couple years now. Thank you for any advice you may have.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! is it just the audio? if so, i would listen to both to decide. also, with the discounts they are handing out these days, how much price difference?

3. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    If you can sprint the few hundred difference, go for the THREE

4. sillylilwabbit

sillylilwabbit Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I know navigation is the difference, but don't know if there are any other differences.

1 thing I know, the navigations sux. If you don't need it, go for the 2. You can always buy a stand alone nav or use your smart phone.

Saving over $1,500.

iPhone ?

CaliforniaBear likes this.
  5. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Along with the navigation is a real LCD screen that will provide you a myriad of information plus the " III " will have bluetooth for your phone connections. Maybe also TPMS (wheels pressure sensor) if not equipt. There are a few +++ with the " III ".

6. Sabby

Sabby Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The two has Bluetooth as well.

The two does not have the three door proximity system for door opening. It only operates the drivers door upon touching the door handle. It also does not have nav or entune. Left with the same choice I bought a two because I did not want to pay for the crummy nav or entune. My IPhone provides directions through the radio via Bluetooth and I use the phones screen. I also can use Siri.

The two has display audio and a backup camera on the screen.

7. landstander

landstander darling no baka

A place where the nuts hunt the squirrels
    Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The two also has TPMS.

I recently upgraded to a 2015 Prius 2 from a 2005 Prius... package 3 IIRC, but it's been over a decade since it was purchased (so please forgive the foggy memory). Literally the only thing I miss is the 3-door smartkey, but not by nearly enough to justify upgrading to the next level. (-; I was never particularly impressed by the self-dimming mirror, to be honest, although I suppose the Homelink bit could be helpful to some.

As for navigation and Entune, my smartphone does a far superior job (and is much easier upgraded).

#7 landstander, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  8. supersatchelsloth

supersatchelsloth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just bought a new 2015 Two, very happy with it! I use my phone for navigation and have a clip to attach it to the front dash.

9. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I don't use Entune or the Nav. They are pure garbage if you have a smart phone.

Let me give you some examples:

Entune:
    If you have an iphone, you have to plug in to USB. You have to load the Entune app if you haven't used it recently. Then you wait for the stereo unit to boot up. About a minute longer. Then you go to apps and click okay to data charges on entune. Click okay to a few more screens. Then you can start loading Pandora or whatever app. Takes maybe 4 minutes after you start your car and that's if you click okay as soon as it asks you. If you updated your iPhone to iOS 7 and up, 25% of the time Entune just keeps loading forever. You have to unplug USB and replug and start over.
    Or you can connect wirelessly through Bluetooth. Most of the time, it will remember your last music choice and continue your song or Pandora. If it forgets just load music or Pandora app.

Nav:
    If you go under a tunnel and lose the GPS signal on the Nav, it will decide that you no longer want to go to your destination and just cancel navigation altogether. On a smartphone? It'll just say it can't find you and relocate you as you exit the tunnel. Since your passenger cannot use the Nav while the car in in motion, you will miss your next exit unless you stop.

If you use BT through your phone for music and google maps, then the music volume will go down as a direction is read to you. If you use the Nav, the direction will be read to you at the same volume as your music. And the Nav doesn't auto zoom in or out at that exit or turn so good luck if you couldn't hear the direction over your music.

If you ignore the garbage, the only difference between a 3 and 2 is 3 door SKS vs driver door only. Is that worth the price difference?

10. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The 2 doesn't have the moonroof? That would be a big plus for me, can't abide them, and don't like the headroom reduction.

Y'now: I was gonna check on Toyota.com. Battled with their website for about 5 minutes, then just gave up. Best bet would be to download the pdf brochure I think.

11. Burna J

Burna J Knot Right Performance....

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You could get the Two trim for now..... and slowly add the features you want later. :)

12. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Here's the 2015 brochure (US) summary page:

Attached Files:

mmmodem likes this.