1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Prius v details for USA cars (from Dianne in SoCal)

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by DianneWhitmire, Nov 18, 2014.

1. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring

Just to jump in: if it's outside all the time to a garage being used for storage, by hook or by crook: clean out the garage, get the car in. Ours is garage stored, wouldn't go any other route.

3. MJ2005

MJ2005 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    We looked at the Prius v a couple of years ago but weren't convinced - didn't love the styling and HATED the fact that there was no option for driver power seats (that was a dealkiller). So instead of replacing our small old SUV we decided to hold out and instead we upgraded our 2005 Prius to a 2013 Prius Four (love it).

At the dealer this weekend getting the oil changed I walked by the new Prius v and I was floored by how much better it looks. Yes, including the front. I really like the new much improved look. And so excited to see that power seats have finally been added! Looks like we may actually be able to replace that old SUV at some point!

4. jameskatt

jameskatt Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I would love to know what updates Toyota has planned for the Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon...) now that the newly redesigned and much better built Prius liftback for 2016 was shown.

I happen to like the look of the Prius v better than the Prius liftback. I also like the larger cargo capacity.

So any information would be great.

5. JimboPalmer

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    (Dianne is just a employee at a dealership, not a Toyota employee, so she will not know any future announcements. I am just an owner but my hare brain theories are as 'true' as anyone who speaks English. The real answers are known to Japanese speakers.)

The Gen 3 was introduced in 2010 and the v in 2012. Gen 4 in 2016 means that the Gen 2 v may exist in 2018.
    Toyota worked hard to get a 10% fuel economy boost in Gen 4 so 46 MPG may be possible in the Gen 2 v.

I would love a Prius v PHV, but I wouldn't expect it until 2020.

Or the sales may not have met expectations and the v may not be a keeper, but it seems like a low risk addition to the line.

6. MJ2005

MJ2005 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I think it's been a slow seller precisely because of the features they left off initially (like power seats - I'm not the only one who complained about this) and the non-descript look of the first design. Hopefully sales will pick up on it. It certainly was featured at the dealership I visited.

7. Stevevee

Stevevee Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, I'd love that new power seat. Obviously not a deal-breaker, but in this price range, should have been standard all along. I'm sure the next gen will be a better build, although I have little to complain about with my v. Better interior quality yes. I love the seats actually, and the layout is fine. The mileage is great for a vehicle with so much room. I think many head for a small suv for power/looks/possible light towing instead. There's only so many wagon types out there for cars now. For me it was a good choice, but it certainly isn't a fit for everyone.

8. JimboPalmer

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    While I have never wanted a power seat, I would be interested in the e-AWD if it becomes available. My wish list for a 2 gen v is just to be a better cargo van.

9. MJ2005

MJ2005 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    And then there's the VW TDI Wagon that is no longer, so one less "green" wagon to compete with.

#89 MJ2005, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015