1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Prius v extended warranty

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Wanderer, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I am aware of the pitfalls of the extended warranty trade. That said what kind of prices are you guys being quoted on a 2015? I have emailed Troy but am not interested in third party offers. I'm trying to decide but pricing is key. It sounds like the Internet sales are now a bust from what I can ascertain.

Thx,
    W

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Has the after the fact 'bare' Toyota Finance extended warranty purchase gone the way of the dodo?

3. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    That is not my impression. IIRC the dealerships convinced Toyota to not allow advertising, but dealerships are still allowed to insure cars other than the ones they sold.

If you do not like Troy's offer then call around. I suggest starting with the people who used to advertise low prices.

4. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    If you're cost conscious enough to shop for a deal, you shouldn't be looking at a warranty in the first place. The odds are you will lose money at any price.

5. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Tell that to the people who spend hours and hours shopping dealerships for the best routine maintenance prices.