1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 prius v maintenance soon light

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by gone2green, Jan 24, 2018.

1. gone2green

gone2green grumpier than the grumpiest old man you know ;)

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    My light came on, so I did the oil change and cabin and engine filter changes, now trying to get that light off . Tried how manual stated by having the trip in "A" and power off, then press the mph/kph button and press power button twice kept holding the mph button but nothing different happened.

So since the reminder light came on and not saying it needed maintenance will it not reset??
    thanks

2. HyperStryker

HyperStryker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You need to hold the MPH/KPH button and see the 3 dashes where the ODO (at least for my 2013 v) would be and wait for them to completely disappear (holding for about 10 seconds). At that point, you would release the MPH/KPH button and the maintenance light would be reset.

#2 HyperStryker, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  3. lrisius

lrisius Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2015 Prius v Three. The instructions in the owner's manual weren't right for my car. There is a procedure that works going through the onscreen menus. I'm going from memory but you have to find a menu that is called something like maintenance and reset from there. There has been a previous thread about this (not sure if it is v specific or a Gen 3 thread) but I couldn't find it in the time I have available now. I think I posted to that thread confirming it works.

4. eagle eye

eagle eye Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have the same car. This works for me:
    Using the control with the four arrows on the right side of the steering wheel, open the display on the dash.
    Press the left arrow, scroll from the letter i in the square to the settings (gear) icon. Press the button in the center of the arrows to go to settings. Scroll to Maintenance System and select with the center button. There you can initialize the system to reset the maintenance alert.
    I hope this helps.

lrisius likes this.
  5. lrisius

lrisius Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    eagle eye's procedure is what I followed.