1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Prius v Three just hit 7,500 miles. Getting error message.

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by keithkman, Apr 15, 2015.

1. keithkman

keithkman New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Hello. My dad has a 2015 Prius v Three (lowercase v and three, not III). He just hit 7,500 miles. He had the service done at 5k miles. The error message that popped up on the dash today says, "Maintenance required for hybrid battery cooling parts at your dealer"

Any idea what is going on? Anyone seen this before? Any help would be great.

2. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Make sure the battery cooling vent next to rear seat backrest is not covered up.

Was there anything special about the drive before the problem occurred? (Hot weather, extra people or cargo)

If you had error codes from an OBD reader PriusChat would help you decode them.

You are under warranty so make the dealer earn your trust/loyalty and fix it fast and on first try. Ask them to report the error codes on the service write up so you can share them here.

3. keithkman

keithkman New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    My dad had trouble finding the vent you were talking about but I think he located it. Its under the passenger side rear seat and is a black vent. There was a large bag blocking the vent. He removed it. Scanned the car for codes using our OBD scanner and no codes came up. The message is still on the dash.

Did we locate the correct vent? Will the error on the dash clear itself after driving the car for some miles?

4. Kraze8

Kraze8 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Yep. That's the vent. Make sure it's never blocked.
    Drive it around a bit and see if the error code clears. It should. If not, you may need to make a trip to the dealer for a reset.

5. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Oops, I thought I was in the PiP forum so I gave the wrong vent location. You found it under the rear seat in the prius v (wagon).

Nice try reading any error codes. Some of the codes are hidden from standard error code readers and can only be read (and reset?) by toyota TechStream software.

Do some warnings go away after turning prius v off and on three times or am I just making it up? Gas cap not on tight warning is reset by one off/on cycle, yes? Let us know if dash warning resets after some on/off cycles.

How long was the bag blocking the vent? If it was running the fan at max with no air coming in it could eventually lead to fan motor damage. Hopefully the dash warning will clear up and normal operation is re-established.