1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Prius V - Weird noises, won’t start, flashing lights

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Andrea Pope, May 14, 2021.

1. Andrea Pope

Andrea Pope New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Hi everyone! Just purchased a 2015 Prius V last week with 57,000 miles. I was able to drive it home fine, but after sitting in the car for about an hour in ready mode with my phone charging, the car cut off and won’t cut back on. I thought it might be the 12v battery, but all of the interior lights turn on. Additionally, the care made some really weird noises while off and the check engine light came on a couple of times (as well as all the indicators on the dash flashing). Any idea what the issue is? See linked video for all of the weirdness the car exhibits when attempting to start it:

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Video doesn’t play…

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    test the 12volt battery anyway, lites don't take much power, closing relays does

Samuel Williams Jr likes this.
  4. Matthew Weatherford

Matthew Weatherford Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I had a lot of weird dash indicator lights and odd behavior when my 2012 Prius V 12v battery (in rear right, access thru hatchback, under the cover) was about 6 years old and didn't have sufficient voltage. Replaced it and it everything worked perfectly again.

5. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Now on a PC, I see the video and it's definitely symptomatic of a flat 12V auxiliary battery.

Samuel Williams Jr likes this.