1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Prius window issue

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ladymcquaid, Apr 13, 2023.

1. ladymcquaid

ladymcquaid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I have read several other threads about window issues, but the solutions have not worked for me. My 2009 Toyota was just totaled by an idiot in a Beamer, so I am sharing my husband’s 2015 Prius. He has had this issue for a long time, but now that I’m driving it… It’s driving me nuts. You can put down the rear passenger window from the main controls on the driver door, but you cannot put the window back up. You can put the window both up and down if you are at the passenger rear door, however. I have to child lock it when my dog is in the car since she thinks that’s a good game. I have tried all of the resets, putting the window down and holding it down for five seconds, and doing the same back up, and I have tried to five times in a row as somebody else suggested. No luck. Does anybody have any ideas on this? Thanks in advance.

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I would think the driver's door switch module is bad. The windows are computer controlled, meaning the switch tells the Main Body ECU what you want and the cpu turns on an output at the passenger window using a network. Since it works from the passenger door the issue is the drivers door.

A Techstream scanner can see the inputs and force the window to operate if further verification is necessary.

Lin bus comm
    IMG_1874.jpeg

TheTewks and Air_Boss like this.
  3. BiomedO1

BiomedO1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Just use the windows lock-out switch on the drivers door; assuming it's working. Then your dog can jump on the switch all he/she wants - it won't work.
    Yes, you'll need to replace the master control panel on the drivers door to get all your functionality back. Sometimes spraying contact cleaner down into the switch will work - only if the contacts are dirty because someone spilled soda into it.

Hope this helps.....

Air_Boss likes this.