1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Prius Won't Turn On post Maintenance

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by lookstoomuch, Aug 17, 2020.

1. lookstoomuch

lookstoomuch New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Hi All,
    New to these parts and hoping for some desperate help. I recently did some work (based on recommnedation of mileage from dealer) on my Mom's prius and now the car will not go into gear and the parking light flashes. So to start, the work done:

- Clean HV battery fan
    - Replace Spark Plugs
    - Drain and fill engine coolant
    - Drain and fill inverter coolant

To add here are other bits of information which can maybe help diagnose:

- Car will not go into maintenance mode
    - Inverter coolant pump DOES NOT run after pressing the power button twice (which as per research I believe it should)
    - Inverter coolant pump WILL run after going through steps to put the car in maintenance mode, but car does not enter maintenance mode
    - When attempting to put into gear the car makes a "click" goes to neutral, and then the parking light flashes

I have fully charged and had tested at Napa the 12V battery and it passed. I have tried jumping the car, which results no change in behavior.

I'm fairly handy with cars and have done work on all sorts of vehicles but alas this is my first hybrid system, perhaps I should have stayed away....

Any help is very much appreciated.

2. lookstoomuch

lookstoomuch New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    I think I have read every thread which could possibly be related to this failure mode, then realized former bluetooth / torq OBD adapter was left in a car which is now at the junk yard and so i went ahead an order a new adapter while also ordering the Mini VCI.

Hopefully can report back tomorrow with more meaningful info.

3. lookstoomuch

lookstoomuch New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Fortunately got hold of a dealer tech to do a scan. P0A0D. I feel like an idiot, must have knocked the lock while getting to the HV battery fan:

icyrius likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how many miles on her?

what does the 12v volt measure at the jump point under the hood?

any trouble lights on the dash?

5. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Did you touch the HV battery safety disconnect? If so, did you install it correctly?