1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 PriusV Touchpad problem

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by Ronald Doles, May 8, 2019.

1. Ronald Doles

Ronald Doles Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    We have had our 2015 Prius V two about a month now and we like everything about the car with one exception, the info system touch function has quit working twice.

When we got the car we inserted a flashdrive containing several hundred music albums in the USB port. We have been playing musical selections from it for nearly a month.

This week my wife tried to select a different album and the touch function quit working. The buttons along the side of the screen work, the buttons on the steering wheel work but the touch selection of anything on any page displayed doesn't work. If I shut the car off and then restart it, the touch function resumes working normally.

I know that there is a lot of software and computers at play in these cars and the first time it happened, I assumed that I did something wrong that caused it to lock up. I realize that it is probably a software problem and not hardware problem since a reboot fixes the problem. It is not such a big a deal as long as it is just software and not related to the warmer weather we are having this week and a hot soak problem.

Has anybody else experienced this? Any fix or suggestions?

2. eagle eye

eagle eye Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I had that very issue with my 2015 v and initially thought it might be related to the summer heat.
    I downloaded the free updated software from the Toyota site and the installation went smoothly.
    Since then (about two years ago) I have had no trouble.

Here is the link.
    Toyota Downloads

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. lrisius

lrisius Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Yes, both a co-worker and I had the same problem in our 2015 v's when they were pretty new. It did seem to be heat related. There were several threads about this back in the day. As eagle eye said, the dealer applied an update and it has been good since. Seems like it took Toyota a few updates to come up with a working solution but they eventually did. I think there was a TSB related to this.

4. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The 2012 v Five touchpad is more or less sensitive with ambient temperature (including heat in closed car), but hasn’t ever refused commands.

5. Ronald Doles

Ronald Doles Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I followed the link that you posted but it states that there are no updates for my 2015 Prius V without Nav. I will try to capture the problem on my phone the next time it happens and then check with my dealer when the next service is due.

6. eagle eye

eagle eye Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I'm sorry that didn't help you, my v3 has the navigation system. Since it seems to be the same problem,
    there may be a software solution somewhere.