1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016-2017 Prius remote start now available

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by PriusRoadWarrior, Oct 9, 2017.

1. PriusRoadWarrior

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you have been looking for a remote start for your 2016-2017 Prius, they are now available through your Toyota dealer. They are pricey though. they have 2 models and I was quoted $599 and $699 installed. I have been looking for this since I bought my 2017 back in March. They said there wasn't any available at that time but Toyota was working on it. I received my quote from SMART Toyota out of Madison, Wisconsin.

2. plug-it-in

plug-it-in Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Not too keen on remote starters. They just burn gas to provide comfort. I never had one . Also I don't sit into my car in a salary outfit during winter months. I dress for the season.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

RCO likes this.
  3. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    A salary outfit, huh. Is that like a business suit? Damn these auto spelling corrections!!!!

Howe and krmcg like this.
  4. plug-it-in

plug-it-in Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Funny, but true. I meant "salary" outfit, with a panama hat of course!

RCO likes this.
  5. Isezno

Isezno Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Did they give you the part numbers and pricing breakdown? I'm curious to see what the parts and labor are separately. If it's cheaper at priuschat, I'd buy it there and pay the dealer to install it. Thanks!

pilotgrrl and RCO like this.
  6. gunfam

gunfam Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you for posting! I have been missing my remote start. We have it in our 2013 Prius, and was very disappointed to find out I could not get one for my 2016 Prius. It is helpful to pre-warm the car for a few minutes and defrost the windshield in the winter months.

RCO likes this.
  7. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess I'm lucky because with off-street parking, I just have to pop outside a few minutes before I want to leave and start it myself. That's what I did last winter, but it's still too mild for that yet this year.

8. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    If you're parked in the elements in Wisconsin, I can grudgingly see the need for remote start, to clear the windshield, keep your hands from sticking to the steering wheel. Still, if it's purely to warm the car's engine, consider the block heater instead.

pilotgrrl and RCO like this.
  9. pilotgrrl

pilotgrrl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Glad I moved to Texas. I'm usually too cold in the summer from being refrigerated indoors, I turn the AC on for the car, not myself.

And I need to dress like an onion anyway. You can take jackets/sweaters off if you're hot, you can't put them on if you don't have them.

RCO likes this.
  10. TonyaNorway

TonyaNorway Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Not exactly a remote start, but here in Europe you can ask your dealer to activate the remote heating/cooling code in your keyfob, so when pressing the AC button on the fob, the Prime will kick in the AC system to it's last state for approximately ten minutes.
    Just enough to defrost the windscreen in the Winter or cool down the interior in the Summer.
    Not sure this facility is available on any other models and here you have to specify it or else it won't be activated!

RCO likes this.