1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016 accessories

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by cjecpa, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    How's the silver trim ring around the shifter on the Gen 3 holding up? I'm under the impression Honda tends to cut corners in places you see while Toyota tends to do it in areas you don't see.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    It's pristine. To be fair, it's up kinda high, and concave. The Honda shifter bezel was a dome, down lower. Plus with a physical key I think it was a target for key clusters.

Honda quit painting that bezel after a year or two, went back to solid black that was the plastic color.

3. Jigfisr

Jigfisr New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I recently bought a 2016 Prius and am interested in the Cargo Tray Plus. Do you still like them and have you had any problems keeping the "additional pieces for the back of the back seat", attached to the backs? Did you remove the original carpet mat or just put the rubber mat on top of it? I have used Weathertech mats on other vehicles, but I like the extra mats for the seats on the Prius. Any feedback from your experience would be appreciated.

4. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Canada has the cargo liner as one piece rather than three or five.

[​IMG]
    teamsc10190's comparison picture between the Canadian version (left) and U.S. version (right)

5. JohnF

JohnF Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    A lot of discussion of the Cargo Tray Plus on another thread:
    Cargo mat plus accessory: Is it worth buying | PriusChat
    Lots of theoretical objections but I was the only commenter who actually OWNS the Cargo Tray Plus, and I have experience with Weathertech cargo mats. The lower floor in my Model 2 ECO means that I got the 3-piece version, whereas your Model 3 would take the 5-piece version pictured above.

I am extremely pleased with mine, especially the $99 price. I used a Weathertech in my Gen 3 and (1) it cost more, (2) as you pointed out it didn't cover the seatbacks, which become part of the load floor when you flip down the seats, (3) because it was plastic, the "lip" at the edge towards the front of the car interfered more with loading/unloading than the softer rubber of the Cargo Tray Plus, and (4) Weathertech hasn't produced cargo mats for the Gen 4 yet anyway. The fit of the Cargo Tray Plus is just as snug as my Weathertech was.

No problems keeping the seatback pieces attached to the seatbacks. The seatbacks are covered with a felt-like material which adheres fiercely to Velcro, and there are multiple Velcro disks and a Velcro strip attached to the backs of those pieces of the Cargo Tray Plus. I can't see how you could remove this felt-like material. It might have looked tidier if Toyota had built rubber or plastic into the rear seatback, but they didn't - and that would not have been removable for cleaning. I agree that coverage of the back of the rear seatbacks is advantageous: the brown "felt" in my Gen 3 got a lot of oil/grease stains from hauling bicycles, etc.

As for the "Cargo Carpet Mat" that came with my car, I removed it from the cargo area before putting in the big part of the Cargo Tray Plus.

None of these mats can contain large amounts of liquid leakage in the seatback area because the seatback hinge makes it impossible to have a lip along the edges. So if I were carrying something extremely wet in that part of the load floor, I would put down a plastic tarp first. The lip on the big piece of the Cargo Tray Plus is a good height to corral spills in the rear cargo area.

Nothing is perfect. The Canadian "Cargo Liner" pictured above looks nice but as Tideland Prius points out the accordion hinge protrudes into the rear cargo area when the seatbacks are up. And it costs a bit more, CDN$140 + shipping + hassle.

I am completely pleased with the cargo Tray Plus, it does what I need.

#66 JohnF, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    DonD likes this.
  6. Jigfisr

Jigfisr New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you for your quick reply. I am ordering one tomorrow.

7. Coast Cruiser

Coast Cruiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The OEM "All Weather Cargo Tray" I bought at the dealer is only 3 pieces. It's an official Toyota part. The box was sealed. Am I missing the two smaller parts? Not a big deal. It works fine. I didn't specify that I have the Three model. Maybe that's why.

I placed my rubber cargo tray (and the all weather floor mats) right on top of the factory carpet mats. The manual says it's not recommended, but nothing slides around. (I actually did that in an attempt to reduce a bit of the road noise.)

(Thanks to cj, above. He found some Euro spec mudguards. I still don't understand why US dealers don't have any.)

#68 Coast Cruiser, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  8. JohnF

JohnF Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes both Three models have a spare tire, therefore the flat surface when the rear seatbacks are folded down, therefore you should have been sold the 5-piece version. Price is the same.

9. Anastaceyrose

Anastaceyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ok WHERE do I get one of these models?? I need one! I can only find pics of them on Instagram and all the users who post them are Japaneese and have not replied to me!

Attached Files:

glennonrp and AshleyTPriusv like this.
  10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  11. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  12. Anastaceyrose

Anastaceyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I searched eBay! I tried googling as many different search terms I could think of AND tried to navigate through the Japaneese Toyota website...all I can find are 3rd Gen.

13. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just to be clear for other Canadians, it's $125 plus tax (which worked out to $140 for me since it's 12% for me)

Hey @HAWAIIANBUILT , any of your contacts have an idea where they could find these?

Anastaceyrose likes this.
  14. Jorin

Jorin Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Maybe you can contact these japanese shop which are offering the Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) pullback model in UK:

TOYOTA MUSEUM official Pull Back Model Car PRIUS alfa White Japan Toy 511C | eBay

15. JohnF

JohnF Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The toyota.ca website says $140 for the Cargo Liner:
    2016 Prius Accessories - Toyota Canada
    You got a deal? Or the $140 on the website includes tax?

The photo shows what you meant about the "accordion" at the hinge area folding into the rear cargo space.

As for "shipping", sorry, I meant shipping to the US for cross-border orders. Probably Canadians would not be charged for shipping to their dealer?

#76 JohnF, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  16. Anastaceyrose

Anastaceyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  17. galownia

galownia Previous master neon mechanic

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    priuschat shop has them. Ordered mine. 3 pieces. $99

18. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No idea. I was quoted $140 too over the phone but when I looked at the receipt, it was listed as $125++. I was expecting $140++.

Pricing on toyota.ca includes installation where required (e.g. door sills or rear bumper protector) but I can't remember if it includes tax (usually prices don't).

Yes, no shipping lol. I assume it's built into the MSRP of the accessory.

19. cunnink2

cunnink2 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm in on the two tone Body Side Molding.