1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured 2016 Chevy Volt Attack Ads target LEAF, Prius!

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Sergiospl, Oct 1, 2015.

1. iplug

iplug Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    ----USA----
    It is true that high gas prices incline the purchase of fuel efficient vehicles/hybrids and helped sales of the Prius. What order of magnitude is difficult to say.

However, the analogy/suggestions about $10k per capita (Prius) vs. $7.5k (Volt) is not valid. The Volt subsidy was/is direct and paid/credited to the Volt purchaser/lessee. There was no such thing for any Prius owner/lessee and no one, Prius owner or citizen, received $10k. If we have any formally trained economists among us who want to take an quantitative econometric stab at the how "massive" of a subsidy this was to the Prius, that would be interesting.

Although I also think the gasoline price stimulus for buying a Prius was real and significant, I am markedly less optimistic that it was quite that "massive" to be comparable to the Volt incentives.

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    When someone's ad cites their competition, about 2/3ds of that ad is for both. It is putting both product names in front including the competition. If the sponsoring company has a lot of pissed off customers, it is even more encouraging away from the sponsor and not against their competition (hear that Comcast?)

Bob Wilson

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    agree with you on comcast, but verizon is just as bad.