1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016 Prius 2 CPO - Advice needed

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by PriusFan06, Feb 11, 2017.

1. PriusFan06

PriusFan06 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So my local Toyota dealership has a 2016 Prius 2 CPO advertised for $19,991.

How can a low mileage car be CPO and now listed as new? It would be sweet if it was listed new and I can use the $3,000 cash back.

So my first question is what do you think would be a fair price for me to ask? $19,200?? is that low balling? Considering the car is CPO.

Second question, is there anyway I can ask them to sell it used w/o CPO that way I can save some $$.

This will be my 2nd Prius. I know I will not need the car CPO. These cars last forever!!!

I'll be pay all in cash and will not have a car trade in. Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. 09Prius2

09Prius2 Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    CPO is certified pre owned. New is new. 2 totally different things. One way or the other but not both.

I am a dealer and I looked up the recent auction sales for that model and year. Its trending around 16-17k at wholesale, so if you pay 19-20k thats a 3k markup. And no you won't get the rebate.

PriusC_Commuter likes this.