1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016 Prius "C" Help with key fob mystery

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dubya, Apr 4, 2023.

1. dubya

dubya Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    Recently I noticed my fob was intermittently not unlocking / locking doors. Yesterday it stopped working completely. Installed new battery same problem. Tried spare fob that has never been used with new battery and it did not work. tested both new batteries and both had over 3 volts. Went to autozone and used the fob tester, neither was sending a signal. I just have a hard time believing that both fobs have failed especially the one that has never been used. Am I missing something? Suggestions for next step? Thanks

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How have your door locks worked seperate from the FOBs?

There's a known problem with Prius C doorlocks, which has potential to be related, but maybe not?

Screenshot from 2023-04-04 13-53-52.png

3. dubya

dubya Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    They work perfectly from the inside door switch. Thanks for the link , I will check it out.

4. Wali

Wali Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello, I have the same exact problem with my 2013 prius C, intermittent failure on remot kay for doors , it started only missing unlock once every 3 or 4 day, but know it bearly unlock, it my works once a mount or soo... did replace the key battrey, no go...door switches works just fine, and manual key unlock it ok too. What it could be? Please help.

5. Wali

Wali Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I did find a AAA battry on my poket where I cared my key , will it cause interference on key programming?