1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016 Prius C One - PCS LDA

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by LnG, Sep 27, 2019.

1. LnG

LnG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I'm in contract for a low mile 2016 Prius C One, kinda excited, and hoping it doesn't fall through.

I noticed these cars are on the edge, where The Toyota safety sense wasn't yet the standard. Obviously no back up camera, navigation, etc. Still a very cute car, with good MPG, even if it is on the smaller side (subcompact).

Has anyone installed the PCS or Lane departure system in these cars? There is a spot for where it would have gone if it had come standard. I haven't looked deeply into this to see what it would take.

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    No clue what it would take to fully integrate, but much of the system seems to be in the windshield-mounted pod. There are also a couple of switches on the dash, lower left area. All standard in our 2018 model.

3. LnG

LnG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    One

I noticed the switches on the left of the wheel but not the windshield mounted area. I'll take close look when I pick her up.

Had to take what I could get because of the limited dealers, the awful dealerships and the program I'm going through. :)

4. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I suspect that your car already has the right brake controller. I would doubt that it has the windshield pod, because these safety functions + auto high beams are all it does. The question is, does your car have the wiring harness needed to support it, and would you also have to change any of the other ECUs or the combination meter. That’s where it would exceed the cost of trading it for another one already equipped.

Now that I think about it, the pod probably requires a different windshield too, since the masking pattern would be different.

#4 Leadfoot J. McCoalroller, Sep 28, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2019