1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016 Prius C Turn Signal Assembly Replacement

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Pri-C, Apr 3, 2023.

1. Pri-C

Pri-C New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm a new owner of a 2016 Prius C and looking to eventually "upgrade" a few parts. I have a limited amount of tools and pretty new to car modifications and I'm willing to buy extra tools and put in the labor if I need too. I'm just the kind of person who refuses to pay 250 extra dollars for a hitch install. Which I'm also planning on doing in the future. I hope this isn't a silly question to ask. I want to replace and install an after market turn signal light assembly. I found a bunch of videos on youtube of people doing the back assembly but nothing for the front. Can anyone link me to a website, video, or help me out?

Thanks!

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Not silly.

I haven't tried anything with the front turn signals on these cars, but most work on the front lighting (generally speaking) involves removing the front bumper cover. This can seem a bit daunting but it really isn't that bad. Have a blanket ready to keep the cover from getting scratched while it's off the car. Go slowly and don't force the plastic clips. And it usually makes sense to get a few spare clips just in case.

You can find youtubes for removing the bumper cover. Once that's off, it is much easier to access anything on the front of the car.

Welcome and good luck!