1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016 Prius c2, unbelievable deal?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Jeremiah jewell, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Jeremiah jewell

Jeremiah jewell New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    i am from Ohio and I just purchased my 1st new car and 1st Prius. I think I got a great deal, but thought I would see what others say. Here is what I got:
    2016 Prius c two in tangerine splash pearl with factory installed all weather mats and cargo tray.

I paid $18995 Out the door, I paid cash And this was my cost after $1500 Toyota incentive.

I had initially negotiated this price for a c4 that dealership #1 had on their site. I get there and they said the site was wrong and that it was a c2. I walked after they tried to offer a 18.6k for their c2, as I had to at least consider other ones out there. Contacted another dealer and they offered me a c2 on their lot for $18.5k OTD. Dealership #1 agreed to match, and since they offers lifetime powertrain warranty on all their cars, I went with them. I go sign the documents and drive the car home. I grab the manuals, and window sticker which was in the glove box the whole time. As I am looking it over, the window sticker it said it was a c1. Ilooked up the difference and it was in fact a c1. I call and they ask me to come in and they would make it right. This place is an hour from me, so I am not too happy about it. I get there and there and they say they will get me a c2 if I pay the same amount under invoice that I paid for the c1. I asked what that would be, they said $500, I said why would I pay an additional $500 when I have another offer for $18.5k OTD at dealer#2. They then said they messed up some #'s and it would actually be $125 difference. I agreed. They said they would let me know what they can find. The next day they said they had a silver and a tangerine splash.i said I would like the tangerine splash and they said that will cost extra since it is a special paint. I asked how much would it be, they said $19841. That is over $1300 more. Then I said I would just do the silver because it would be $125 more, they said that actually be more. I argued that they told me $125 is the most I'd pay which I was fine since I was getting a lifetime powertrain warranty. I said I would pay the premium for the paint and that was it, they then said would I accept $18995 if they could get the tangerine splash, I said yes.

It has been a headache, but I feel I got a good deal, what do you think?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! sounds like a great deal to me, all the best!(y)

Jeremiah jewell likes this.
  3. Got2bHam

Got2bHam Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome!! That's a Pretty good deal!!! Almost snagged a new C before buying my 12. Have fun with it!!

Jeremiah jewell likes this.