1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016 prius Clazzio covers rear fit, meh

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by thewraith, Nov 28, 2016.

1. thewraith

thewraith Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I will post pics later:

I had Clazzio vinyl covers on my last, Gen3 Prius. They were hell to install, but once done- looked amazing and fit well.

Based on that experience, I "bit the bullet" and ordered Clazzio vinyl covers for my 2016 Prius 2. The front seats look decent, although there are wrinkles that I can't get rid of. I'll hit them with a heat gun and see what happens.

The issue:
    The rear bottom seat cover. The fitment on it is horrible, I have installed and reinstalled it half a dozen times with no improvements. And then there is the design of the sections for where the seat belts clip into. It makes no sense at all. They look like two elephant trunks, cannot be folded down, and getting a seatbelt to latch is pure hell.

Clazzio should have done a better job with these, I'm not happy with these- and will contact them, but not sure what they can do for me.

To answer any questions regarding my choice of vinyl vs leather:

-Vinyl was about half the price.
    -Vinyl is way more resilient than leather (ime)
    -I have a 2 year old and another on the way, vinyl has saved my azz plenty of times and needs no real maintenance :)

Prodigyplace likes this.
  2. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the review.
    You may want to update your Profile to show the Prius.

RCO likes this.
  3. thewraith

thewraith Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have received a reply from Clazzio.com from an inquiry on their site. They have stated that the "clazziousa" seller is not associated with them at all. Their very classy response is below. It's sad because I've steered over a dozen others to buy their seat covers and stated so in my email to them- never again.:

"We, are not associated with EBAY in any way shape or form. If you buy from them, then you have to go THROUGH them to get your issues fixed. The sellers on there are our competitors, and we don't just fix other companies issues.

I personally will never understand why a customer would order such and expensive, and SPECIFIC product from a crappy website like eBay. Where there are companies, fully dedicated to a product, full time customer service, in house sewing machines for alterations. Yet saving a few dollars and buying from someone you have no idea where your product is coming from, is the better choice?

The manufacturer of the product is called Eleven International. They said if you can't get help through the dealer you bought from, to let them know about it. You can email them at: [email protected]
    Good luck."

#3 thewraith, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  4. bobthejedi

bobthejedi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi Wraith,

Can you share pics of how the back looks? I was about to order from clazzio.com of the leather ones with the cyber monday deals.

I did not know that they have two US "sellers" of the clazzio.

was your prius gen III from the clazzio website or ebay?

5. thewraith

thewraith Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Both were from ebay. They are both genuine Clazzio- not sure why the rude rant from the clazzio.com guy was even warranted. Apparently Clazzio are made by 11i and then sold by various resellers. Funny how the guy asked me why I purchased the exact same product he is selling for $100 less than on his site. What a piece of work.

6. bobthejedi

bobthejedi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    found this here
    http://www.clazzio-11i.com/images/toyota53l.jpg
    Does yours look nothing like that?

Very strange indeed, glad I held off. I wonder what dealer priuschat goes through through the prius chat store

7. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In UK there has been journalistic investigation into some eBay merchandise being, for want of a better word, "fake." Perhaps there is a consumer law in USA like there is in Europe, that the purchaser enters into a contract with the retailer, Not the manufacturer of the product! Therefore, in Europe anyway, private customers' disputes must be taken up with the retailer. If unsatisfied with this, try through eBay, or PayPal/credit card company. Good luck!

Prodigyplace likes this.
  8. thewraith

thewraith Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Rco, I am totally fine with going thru ebay to get my issue fixed. I just didnt know that clazzio was a reseller and there were so many different companies with the clazzio brand name. Otherwise, I would never have gone back to that rude responder from clazzio.com

RCO likes this.
  9. thewraith

thewraith Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    aurelio likes this.
  10. ATHiker

ATHiker Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I think I would be more upset at the company that sold you the product and has not reponded in anyway (apparently) than at the tone of the company that didn't sell you the product but provided you with the name of the actual manufacturer.

Its got to be frustrating for reseller to help build a brand over a period of years (and if they are to be believed stand behind it with their in-house sewing operation) only to see other reseller who don't stand behind thier product come in and undercut them on eBay.

roadwarrior28 and RCO like this.
  11. thewraith

thewraith Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not so much upset at the company than the actual manufacturer. I understand the re sellers "plight", but it's a global market. All his rant did was ensure that I never recommend them again.

RCO and Prodigyplace like this.
  12. alexgrigori

alexgrigori Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    Correct me if I'm wrong but in my understanding the original covers must be removed before new installation.
    So if you put it on top of original it should not fit.

13. thewraith

thewraith Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You are incorrect, they are seat covers- they are not replacements. I have installed 8 of these on the older model prius w/no issues.

14. eight08customs

eight08customs Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I bought mines directly from Rodney that works at Clazzio .. Im also a dealer for them if anyone needs to order..
    I had no issues with the ones in my car.

It just slips over the existing material ...

The seat belt area you have to tuck it in ..

#14 eight08customs, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    krmcg likes this.
  15. eight08customs

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    #15 eight08customs, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  16. eight08customs

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  17. randomwalk101

randomwalk101 DYI'er

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    thewraith: You install it wrong. I did it without reading the instruction and has the exact same result as yours. Read the instruction and did it again and it came out perfect.

18. joe7pr

joe7pr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    One
    RCO likes this.
  19. TinyTim

TinyTim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The rear seat is very difficult to install on the Gen 4 Prius regardless of whether or not you read the instructions. Gettting those seatbelts through the seat took me several hours of trial and error. The Gen 3 has long seatbelts. The seatbelts on the Gen 4 are stubby and very short. I will take some pictures of my Clazzio seat covers and post them here. The 2nd most difficult piece to install is the center armrest in the front. To get the material tucked under the center console was very difficult.

I purchased my Clazzio seat covers on Ebay through 11 International. If this thread is correct they are the makers of the Clazzio seat covers and go by the name ClazzioUSA on Ebay.

20. kdcx711

kdcx711 New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wow, you guys are making me want to put these covers on. These look great and very resilient. The darn kids are making a mess of my cloth interior.