1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016 Prius door lock issues

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Jangleleg, May 2, 2018.

1. Jangleleg

Jangleleg New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I just got a 2016 Prius that was a flood car. The car runs and drives fine except the power door locks and fuel door doesn't work. When i push the door lock button i can hear a small clicking sound. Just trying to figure out how to get them working. Any ideas where to start?

Thanks

2. The Professor

The Professor Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    For the fuel door... have you tried pulling the hidden lever?

The manual says:

When the fuel filler door cannot be opened by pressing the inside switch:

1 Open the back door and remove the cover underneath the luggage compartment light.

2 Pull the lever backward and check that the fuel lid opens.

If that works, then the mechanics are working at least... and somebody else might be able to help with the electronic side.

RCO likes this.
  3. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    For the fuel lid, I’d suggest the thirteen-step diagnostic procedure in the Repair Manual (available by subscription to techinfo.toyota.com), under Vehicle Exterior: Door/Hatch: Fuel Lid Opener System: Fuel Lid Opener Does Not Operate. You’d need a Toyota Techstream diagnostic system to do some of the steps, but you could inspect the fuel lid lock with motor assembly, fuel lid opener switch, harnesses, and connectors with just a digital multimeter and the tools needed to remove and install the relevant parts.

Similarly, for the power door locks, I’d suggest starting at Vehicle Interior: Door Lock: Power Door Lock Control System: Problem Symptoms Table.

The text and illustrations from the Repair Manual are also available in the ChiltonLibrary service, to which your local public library sponsors free access. (Click “Automotive Repair” on that page.) The contents are organized a bit differently there; select 2016 Toyota Prius, and then click Repair > Body > Exterior > Door/Hatch > Fuel Lid Opener System or Repair > Body > Interior > Power Door Lock Control System to see the topics I mentioned above.

RCO likes this.
  4. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Of the suggested solutions price too demanding of your personal resources, perhaps your warranty will enable a free dealer performed repair.