1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016 Prius - let's hear from buyers

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Munpot42, Jan 8, 2016.

1. GaryD1

GaryD1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    yes, well I didn't know if all new Prius had that included or if I got something extra. The winder sticker reads Southeast Toyota, (distributors installed options) $1266.

ETP likes this.
  2. GaryD1

GaryD1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Buyers, check your tars new, mine had 34 psi front and 30 rear. I bumped it up to 42/40
    DSC02989.JPG DSC02990.JPG DSC02989.JPG

Will_Prius16 and ETP like this.
  3. GaryD1

GaryD1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    ETP likes this.
  4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Looked up ToyoGuard Elite, made me feel old-and-out-of-it:

upload_2016-8-23_7-23-46.png

(Priuschat seems to be in the interminable hang up when posting phase. I can attempt to post, then go play FreeCell for a while, nothing happening. Stopping the (attempted) page refresh seems to snap it out of it, and the post get's done. Sometimes, other times nothing happens.)

#884 Mendel Leisk, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    RCO and ETP like this.
  5. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),Highlander HYB Plat,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
  6. c-man

c-man ordered my c

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    ----Canada----
    Picking up our '16 blizzard pearl tomorrow! You'll be hearing from me.

Can't wait.

krmcg and ETP like this.
  7. ETP

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Start a new thread in the main forum when you come back.

BTW, I am holding a red SAMSCLUB cup with my name on it that I found in the garbage can.:LOL:

8. ETP

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    So chat has hang ups eh!:ROFLMAO:

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  9. azariastromsis

azariastromsis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi everybody! I just got a 2016 Prius Four, no extra packages because I a) don't need them and b) didn't want to pay for them, in sea glass pearl and moonstone softex interior (see avatar) . I test drove it Wednesday, not really thinking that I would actually buy it, and then I fell in love. I put down a deposit, went home, thought about it, and then pulled the trigger.

I picked it up Friday -- window price was $29,710, I got it at $28,500. I got talked into the extended warranty, but I'm going to cancel it because it's not through Toyota so I'll be shopping around the rest of the week for quotes on that. I also opted for interior and exterior treatment (my dealer offered Auto Armor), because I intend to drive this car into the ground, and I got the rest of the bottles so that should last me a good long while. Toyota of Des Moines did a great job walking me through all of the extra features (that is the ones that my sales rep didn't cover on my test drive, which weren't a whole lot tbh) when I picked it up.

I had to say good bye to my first car, a 2000 Chevy Impala, that treated me very well, but it was time for an upgrade. Some of my initial thoughts are: holy shit, there's so much technology? Coming from a 2000, it's amazing how much cars change in 16 years! I really like how roomy the drivers seat feels, and I love the fact that I've driven it almost a week (about 150 miles) and my fuel gauge hasn't moved -- it still reads a full tank of gas. It might be a month before I fill up! It's also really quiet, to the point that my mother didn't know it was on when I showed it to her. And it looks pretty! The color is beautiful in person, and the white interior looks like a spaceship! It seems like it'll be really easy to clean, and it's nice and bright, exactly what I wanted.

So far, the only things I really don't like are: the seats/headrest, the lack of spare tire, the non-extending sun visor, and the reverse beeping. I'm fairly short (though not sure if this would be fixed if I were taller), but to get full contact between all of my back and the seat would require me to tilt my head forward thanks to the headrests and hunch over, which is not comfortable. I actually use my headrests as the name implies, and when I rest my head against them, the top of my back doesn't hit the seat and it causes some strain. I've figured out if I put a sweater there that fixes my problem. Lack of a spare tire looks like it could a (fairly) easy fix thanks to the thread here on PriusChat, and the sun visor doesn't go all the way across the window, but I'll just wear sunglasses. I'm going into my dealer this week to get the reverse beeping changed to the single beep, because if I wait for six months, I just might kill something.

So anyway, I wanted to thank everyone here in the PriusChat community, which I've been stalking the past week. I've been basically living on PriusChat since I did my test drive (seriously, it's just PC and Facebook in my browser history), and I've learned so much about my new car thanks to you guys! I'm about halfway through the manual now, but a lot of it is me going, "Oh yeah, I read that online."

RCO, Coast Cruiser, krmcg and 3 others like this.
  10. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That explains it.

11. Will_Prius16

Will_Prius16 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
  12. GaryD1

GaryD1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think there will really be some good deals in October and November

13. Will_Prius16

Will_Prius16 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    What was the process/negotiations like? Was it all done via email or did you have to go in person or phone?

None of the stealerships around me want to budge

ETP likes this.
  14. ETP

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Check one out of state.

Are you near another large city in an adjacent state?

#894 ETP, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  15. ATHiker

ATHiker Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    If for no other reason than to get another data point, what would the cost of the car you are looking at be if you took the Costco price, then deducted the 2000 rebate?

Putting all those "extra add-owns" aside, wouldn't you be close?

ETP likes this.
  16. ETP

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Good point, have you ever been in the military or been a dependent at one time of a military member? If so use the USAA card.

Take a vacation to Florida. The St Pete dealership will hook you up=Autonation internet sales. Try Keith.

#896 ETP, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2016
  17. GaryD1

GaryD1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I bought my 2015 from dealer 60 miles away, used the same one for 2016. We handled it all through email until I sent him and email back and told him I would give him 1k less and we could deal then or I would wait till Oct or Nov when prices went down more. In the email I thanked him for his time and would contact him later. The salesman even gave me my trade in price through email. My phone rang about 5 min later and the salesman said he had talked to his manager and they were going to take me up with 1k less but they would have to get car from another dealer, because they did not have the interior I wanted. I agreed and the deal was made except for wife signing the paper work. They even took the credit check info over the phone.

The dealer sent me all my paper number through email. I was pleased with negotiations, the salesman even commented to me, you see how easy that was. My wife was inside about an hour while I drank their free drinks and water and went out and checked the car out.

I used 4 dealers, another dealer gave me an out the door price but one said they could not do stuff over the phone. One dealer never responded, they may not have got email. I would use a big dealer, these small ones have never gave me a deal.

They still made a lot of money on deal. One suggestion is, get the salesman email address, tell him your phone is currently not working and don't take any calls from dealers. If you don't answer phone then its not working. In my case the reception is terrible where I live. I ended up giving salesman my home phone number so we could hear each other good when he did call.

My salesman my be reading this board.

#897 GaryD1, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    RCO and Will_Prius16 like this.
  18. Coast Cruiser

Coast Cruiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I passed on the expensive ($2500?) extended warranty, because the hybrid components have a 10-yr, 100,000 factory warranty. (California.) And I also found out that the extended warranty begins right away... Not, after the factory warranty ends.

19. GaryD1

GaryD1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I passed the extended warranty also, no pressure to take it. I do get a third oil change free with the option package that went with car. I guess they want to get you in to sell you an engine and cabin filter. I just tell them I've already replaced them. I haven't looked to see when engine air cleaner needs replacing.

Coast Cruiser likes this.
  20. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It needs it when it needs it. YMMV.