1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016 Prius or 2016 Volt...Which should I buy?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by westy72658, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Jordanhiggins2002

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I can’t believe someone would ask should I buy a Toyota or Chevy. Wow just wow

I have 145k on my Prius which has been almost completely trouble free minus the fuse that was under recall/warranty.

my cousin has a volt and it loves it but it’s not even at 80k and it’s been in the shot several times with various things. He always says “I have the warranty”.

even if ford, Chevy, and Dodge got the motors and trans to run like Toyota’s you still have all the components that break all the time. Air condensers, door locks, windows, seats etc

Tande and krmcg like this.
  2. Rmay635703

Rmay635703 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    my Volt has been in the shop twice at 93,000

once for a recall and once again because of bad watery gas being pumped in
    which had to be drained back out.

My niece had an older RAV4 that was totaled at 65,000 miles because of a failed transmission on the highway.

Lemons come in all brands and flavors.

3. douglasjre

douglasjre Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I often find ppl who call others reckless for driving faster than the commentor feels is safe is just because the commentor is witnessing speeds that the commentor would be unsafe driving at....I've raced many tracks. Only shaved one guy on Daytona, and rear ended one who changed hsi trajectory on PBIR. He was a rookie and an idiot. He didn't belong on the track. His fault. He changed hsi trajectory last moment to swing the turn wide, taking a 180dg turn and making it a 210deg turn, with chassis and suspension upset. If he wanted to start the turn wider he should have planned it that way. Instead he rode his bike at 170mph like a dumb car driver jerking away from the parking lot apron just prior to turning into a parking lot....like that's good form. Neither of us got hurt and that's the track. One fender bender on public roads about 28 years ago. That's it. When unengaged car drivers get in my car they panic. When I get in the car of a German driver I'm inspired. Perspective: calling me crazy just shows that the viewer can not comprehend what is going on....nor should (s)he try.

4. douglasjre

douglasjre Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Jordan: Yup, I got the repair hx from this dude. You should see than laundry list of things that went bad already. None of them are small either. No joke, that Volt is a ticking time bomb. SMH

5. douglasjre

douglasjre Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    You're right we drifted off topic lol It's a good one tho

6. pianewman

pianewman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    douglasjre: The ability to drive fast isn't the question. Many here have that ability.

You stated it earlier. Speed differential kills. I totally agree. Speed differential is the issue, especially on a public road.

The discussion, IMO, isn't about driver ability, but rather when and where one should exercise their "right" (?) to drive 20-30mph over the speed limit. Driving too fast, for the situation (traffic density, weather conditions), is potentially more life-threatening than driving too slow.

krmcg likes this.