1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016 Prius PDF Presentations - Chief Engineer & Hybrid Engineer

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Danny, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hatchbacks and wagons tend to be noisier than sedans. The sounds coming from rear wheels and suspension tend to get caught in the in the trunk of a sedan, and are free to enter the cabin on the others.

2. UsedToLoveCars

UsedToLoveCars Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    yeah, this is true. My lady friend has a Q5 which is really just a bloated hatchback - the parcel shelf/cargo hider weighs about 25 lbs and seems to be involved with sound deadening. When it is removed, there is a ton of road roar from the back.

3. briank101

briank101 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Let's hope stated improvements translate into real meaningful, measurable results on efficiency, performance, noise and comfort. I could never understand why Toyota with all their resources can never seem to iron out high frequency bumps with their suspensions while maintaining a quiet, controlled ride like some competitors - have they ever heard of digressive compression damping profiles that provide both comfort and control. I look forward to reading reviews that don't focus too much on the looks which seems what the mags have been focusing on thus far.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    looks like they pulled it off!(y)