1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured 2016 Prius Reveal Photos

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Danny, Sep 8, 2015.

1. arescec

arescec Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    It would be OK - if it was in the 80s. This looks very ugly in my opinion, bloated and all cheap-o. Not to mention color that reminds me of my beige toilet seat....
    And it has gauges behind the steering wheel which makes you move your head down to even see your gauges most of the time and I really dislike that. I guess Europeans and Americans have different tastes in general because most of US cars wouldn't sell here, I guess we like simplicity rather than kitsch.

bisco likes this.
  2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The absence of options found in Japan but not in the USA models makes me wonder if any of the September invitees might have been polled about what options should come to the USA? I suspect no but I didn't see in the September reveal the USA packages described.

My biggest disappointments with the 2016 are:
    • Level 2 ECO with no TSSP option
    • No 1.5kW inverter option
    • No tow package option (something that could and should be a port option)
    • No rear-wheel drive option
    My understanding is each Toyota region elected the options that would be offered 'in country.' So Toyota Germany made their choices; Toyota UK made their choices; Toyota Australia hates the Prius, and; Toyota USA has never looked at what end-users are doing to the Prius. How the Toyota regions made their choices is something I am very curious about. What drives their thinking?

Bob Wilson

3. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    1. $$$$$$
    2. Ego
    3. Sex

bisco likes this.
  4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'm guessing equal measures of profit and compliance with exec's brainstorms.