1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016 Prius Touring Active Grille Shutter connection?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by cartopics, May 7, 2018.

1. Cary Auto Body

Cary Auto Body New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So not sure if anyone has this issue still but I fixed a prius last week and had this code and discovered this forum on friday. But didnt see any useful information. But I did discover the solution to my problem if you have a similar situation then this may apply to you as well.

I repaired a 2016 prius with significant front end damage. During the repair I replaced the front shutter we are all discussing. However the new shutter does not come with the motor for the flaps. This is the extra plus you are all discussing. I didnt realize this at first because the original shutter was broken to bits. But by the grace of god this little motor was unscathed. It had been swept up and tossed in the trashbag with all the debris by the fire department.

So if you have installed a new shutter it may be missing this motor. It is not pictured on any toyota parts catalog systems I have so I cannot supply a part number .

Attached Files:

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    There’s gotta be a part no. Try a US Retailer, say McGeorge Toyota Parts. Or (International) Amayama.

3. Shane Scammell

Shane Scammell New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It plugs into the Shutter motor on the passenger side of the shudder grill

Attached Files: