1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016 Prius Two, not II, Seat Covers

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by priuspoonanny, May 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. priuspoonanny

priuspoonanny New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Can anyone recommend any seat covers? Looking for neoprene ones as the stock cloth ones will absorb any liquid spilled on it. Also the sites that I've seen precision fit, auto anything, etc. all have it labeled as 2016 Prius Five, NOT V (only 2010 used uppercase roman numerals for models). I was told that the interior of all Prius models are the same in terms of size, seats etc. Is this true? Will a Prius Five seat cover fit a Prius Two, not II for the reason above.?

2. JohnF

JohnF Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Check out wetokole.com They are neoprene, custom made, you choose the colors, about $300 for both front seats with zippered pockets on the seatbacks. They also offer inflatable lumbar supports and I think seat heaters too. I have had them in my last 3 cars and love them. The only reason I didn't get them for my Gen 4 is that my seats are black, so no worries about stains.

priuspoonanny likes this.
  3. priuspoonanny

priuspoonanny New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks JohnF. I'm a bit confused on the rear seats of the 2016 Prius Two. Are they 60/40 Split Bench Seats?

4. JohnF

JohnF Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes (sorry, I'm on my iPhone)

priuspoonanny likes this.
  5. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I suspect given your post that you are looking for a custom fit, front and back seat option?
    In which case the already provided options are great ideas.

But if you were just looking for a cheap fix?
    Costco sells a "wet suit" generic front seat cover driver and passenger set of two for $15 that isn't 1/2 bad.

It's definitely NOT custom fit, and a bit utilitarian. But for $15?- It's really pretty good.

6. priuspoonanny

priuspoonanny New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's a great idea. I'm looking to just get the rear seats with kids in the back it's easy to have juice or milk that is spilled everywhere.

7. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Unfortunately the Costco set is just front seats.
    They are definitely a primarily utilitarian option.
    But they look good enough IMO that I'm not embarrassed to have them on my seats.

8. priuspoonanny

priuspoonanny New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  9. aurelio

aurelio Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  10. priuspoonanny

priuspoonanny New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ok good to know. I'm gonna go with the Wet Okole ones.

11. JohnF

JohnF Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think you will like them. If you are dealing with kids, coffee, etc, I'd advise getting a darker center panel rather than a lighter one. For my white Subaru, I made the mistake of getting fairly light center panels and they eventually looked grungy. Putting a towel on your lap when eating/drinking while driving is not a bad idea in any case.

12. priuspoonanny

priuspoonanny New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just went with the black on black. Dealing with kids and a mess in the back seat I'm feeling better about a few spills here and there rather than letting it soak into the cloth seats. Not really worried about stains as much as the stench old milk in cloth seats will leave behind.

13. JohnF

JohnF Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's exactly what I would have done if I had gotten them for my new blue 2 ECO. Blue centers with black sides might have looked strange. Wet Okole sells cleaning kits which might help avoid any stench in the covers (the seats underneath should be fine).

14. priuspoonanny

priuspoonanny New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Funny, I also have a 2016 Prius Two in BLUE. Yep, I bought the cleaning kit along with the covers. Hopefully I'll get them soon!

15. Coast Cruiser

Coast Cruiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    How easy/hard is the installation process? Do the seats have to be removed?

16. aurelio

aurelio Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Has anyone tried the microperforated ones in any other vehicle? I read that dirt could get into the tiny holes making them hard to clean.

SM-N900W8 ?

17. JohnF

JohnF Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Seats do not need to be removed. These covers fit "snugly" (as you want them to). You can consider installing them your aerobic exercise for the day. Basically you remove the headrests (they have their own covers that velcro closed around them). Then you slide the seatback cover down the seatback and secure it with a flap that goes through the gap between the bottom of the seatback and the rear of the seat bottom. The cover for the seat bottom secures with "ties" that go across underneath the seat bottom.
    Sorry I don't know how the one for the rear seat is installed because I have gotten covers for only the front seats.

I have had them in a white 2003 Subaru Outback, a red 2006 Honda Insight (red and black seat covers looked very sporty on it, far better than the OEM tan fabric seat material), and a "cashmere metallic"? 2011 Gen 3 Prius. No problems with dirt in any of them other than the Subaru, where as I said I chose a light center panel and it showed a bit of staining from spilled coffee, sweat from athletic clothes, etc. There is a cleaning procedure I should have done and didn't. I don't think it's any more susceptible to dirt than the usual fabric seat materials. It's just like the material used in wetsuits and is waterproof, so the OEM fabric underneath stays perfect. It adds a touch of extra cushioning to the seats. I prefer them to either fabric or leather, although I do like the fabric used in the Gen 4.

#17 JohnF, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
    Coast Cruiser likes this.
  18. Frederickdawg

Frederickdawg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Sorry slightly off topic. But I love your screen name. Cracked me up

LG-H901 ?