1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016 Prius would look better if the rear bumper wasn't black

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by kenji4861, May 30, 2016.

1. William Redoubt

William Redoubt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    These plastic parts are weight reducers for the manufacturer. Keeping them the same color for all models also reduces the cost (no color-matched coating needed). I noticed that the new Honda Civics have huge areas with plastic inserts where strength and the other advantage of metals is not needed.

Mendel Leisk, krmcg and Starship16 like this.
  2. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No - would have just started and hopped out, ignoring the beep. Probably just in park, tho vaguely posssssibly foot-hand-brake stupid thing on. I'll try to get a photo in front of a shop window - I'll have to put the hatch up I guess.

3. Starship16

Starship16 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    This is a good picture of the brake lights. (Thanks to an unknown Priuschat member.) In sunlight they don't look very bright? Pretty small also. But, that's the design of the car.

IMG_0243.JPG

I hope the distracted tailgaters see them in time.

#43 Starship16, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    RCO likes this.
  4. William Redoubt

William Redoubt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Most people who drive behind the Prius are more observant than when behind other cars. Their gaze remains fixed on the rear end, either transfixed by its beauty and advanced design, or frozen by the "can't-look-away-it's-so-ugly" phenomenon made popular by train wrecks and naked fat chicks. Rear-end crashes are usually the result of inattention. No chance of that here. Tesla, on the other hand ...

RCO and krmcg like this.