1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016 Toyota Prius Technical & Package Information

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Danny, Nov 18, 2015.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! that is interesting, don't think i've seen it before. how big is that screen?

2. Wankel

Wankel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you Bisco. I don't know what is the screen size it seems bigger than pics i have already seen (US/european version). I only compare with vents size and i guess vents size are quiet the same "globaly".

One japanese video that is interesting to share :

The video shows the "big" screen and it pop up to me immediatly...i haven't got official numbers maybe i'm wrong..

upload_2015-12-30_17-50-32.png
    upload_2015-12-30_17-50-59.png

zor likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes, it's more difficult to tell in those comparison pics.

4. Wankel

Wankel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So i don't know if it is good to post on this thread but let me share some comparison between gen 4 and gen 3. Gen 3 is in black behind gen 4, everybody will notice.

5. Wankel

Wankel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So i don't know if it is good to post on this thread but let me share some comparison between gen 4 and gen 3. Gen 3 is in black

Attached Files:

zor likes this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    thank you! that green looks darn good, as does the profile!(y)

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In North America, Toyota will probably use 6.1" and 7" versions (Which is what we currently use in most Toyota vehicles in the Prius price range). In Japan, it ranges from 7" to 9" display with the 9" model including wifi, TV tuner, SD music/video playback, DVD playback and virtual 5.1 ch surround is about the equivalent of US$2,000 including Japanese consumption tax. (sales tax).

Nav systems in Japan are usually better. The roads are better mapped (more accurate and with more details for terrain, POI, road placement including parking lot mapping, speed limits etc).

8. gvp1995

gvp1995 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    One thing is confusing to me in Toyota's description of the packages is this one (coming up when selected Prius Four):

Premium Convenience Package - Intelligent Clearance Sonar (ICS) with Intelligent Parking Assist (IPA), Entune™ Premium JBL® Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite — includes the Entune™ Multimedia Bundle (7-in. high-resolution touch-screen with split-screen display, AM/FM CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability, ten JBL® GreenEdge™ speakers in six locations, auxiliary audio jack, USB 2.0 port with iPod® connectivity and control, advanced voice recognition, hands-free phone capability, phone book access and music streaming via Bluetooth® wireless technology), Siri® Eyes Free, Entune App Suite®, HD Radio™, HD predictive traffic and Doppler weather overlay, AM/FM cache radio, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with 3-month complimentary SiriusXM All Access trial, Gracenote® album cover art, and integrated backup camera display. Access to Entune™ services is subscription-free. See toyota.com/entune for details, and Safety Connect® — includes Emergency Assistance, Stolen Vehicle Locator, Roadside Assistance and Automatic Collision Notification. Available by subscription. (Complimentary one-year trial subscription.)

Which part is pertaining PCP and what is not? For example, text in bold - will it be only available to those who buy this package?! It is implied from the description, but I suspect it is not completely true. So my question is: what part of the above will be available in Three Touring model (with no packages)?

9. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My Excel spreadsheet here could help

4G Prius Features & Specifications (2016-?) | PriusChat

Go to the 2016 spreadsheet tab.

Basically, the 3, 3T, 4 and 4T have the same audio system. The PCP just adds the 10 JBL GreenEdge speakers and amplifier. Everything else in bold is standard on the 3/3T/4/4T.

So to shorten that package, PCP adds JBL Audio, ICS, IPA and Safety Connect

10. gvp1995

gvp1995 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    It does help! Thanks a lot. I already had a big *.pdf, but could not derive this info from it. So this does change the equation for me as I am not interested in either of these features.

Tideland Prius likes this.
  11. Stevevee

Stevevee Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Our dealer has 42 on the lot now. Four are Three's, one is a $32,177 IV, and the rest are all Two's, including the Unicorn Eco.

bisco likes this.
  12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    wow, that's quite a few!

13. Stevevee

Stevevee Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well if you can get $25 K plus for a car with manual seats, why not sell a lot? LOL

They sell about 350 cars a month, the more, the merrier.

14. jbkendrick

jbkendrick Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What are the clearance lights, I mean where are they located. The link took me to a sight that didn't really have anything to do with a Prius. Thx, J

15. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Three small llights in a verticle pattern above the fog light in the front corners of the car.

16. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    @krmcg 's got it. It's the 3 vertical LED lights below the LED foglamps.

17. jbkendrick

jbkendrick Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks guys, I appreciate it. J

SM-N920V ?

18. Danny Troy

Danny Troy Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Well, I think I have my choice narrowed down to a red Four and tan interior. I really like that color combination and had it on my last few cars. As far as I know this combination is available on the Four. If I don't get any optional package, will I be missing any bells and whistles that are important? The Four seems well equipped, and I really didn't want a sunroof, or 17" wheels. The Four seems to fit the bill. I'd like mag wheels, but I guess you can't have everything, unless I can order dealer installed, or add them myself after I take possession. BTW, what is a good price in the Northeast for a Four these days?

19. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The Four comes will alloy wheels. They're behind an aerodynamic plastic wheel cover. You can just remove them or swap them for aftermarket alloys. Toyota does offer OEM 15" alloys as a dealer-installed accessory.

krmcg likes this.
  20. Danny Troy

Danny Troy Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Yes, I placed the order for the Four today and the salesman removed one of the plastic wheel covers. Sure enough, a pretty good looking mag wheel was right behind it. Doesn't look as nice as the Touring wheel, but it's probably nicer than keeping the plastic "hub cap" on.

JohnF and krmcg like this.