1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2017 PC3 with squeaky glove box door anyone?

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Charliedog, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Charliedog

Charliedog Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Our 2017 has been doing this ever since we got it last summer when driving over bumps. I can re-produce the sound by pushing on the upper right corner of the glove box door. It's sort of a low-pitched, squeaky noise, worse in winter but still there with warmer temps. There's a rubber bumper there on the door, and I would guess the rubber is too soft. I've added a couple of hard rubber dots to the dash area there to increase the tension on the bumper when the door is closed, but the noise is still there. It's almost like the door itself is flexing. Really annoying. Any ideas? TIA

Larry aka CharlieDog
    Bristol, TN

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    is it out of warranty?

ztanos likes this.
  3. Charliedog

Charliedog Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Still under warranty-less than 12/12.

4. pulltab

pulltab Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    My glove box has that annoying "rattling" and got it right after I bought my car in 2015... The dealership replaced the glove box... did numerous "adjustments" and I can still hear the rattling... especially when you go over the road "dots" at higher speed.... You can "fill up" the glove box...put in some sort of rubber "wedge"......