1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2017 plug in, power button faulty?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Gary_A_P, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Gary_A_P

Gary_A_P Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    2017 plug in. Car turns on when I press the main power button and then back off after a few seconds. Sometimes I want change from max to 8Amp charge mode to draw less from my off-grid solar array. Inverter off (no power) but factory charger still plugged in, so I get the fault that the charger door is open, and also my driver car door is open (second fault). I just want to change the setting then turn the car off so I can power up the solar panel inverter again to charge the car. In the last week, about 4 times the car shut off before I could change that setting. Also today, I had to hit the power button several times before the car would shut off. Thoughts?

2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If I understand correctly, then you have the charge cord plugged in but no power is going to the port because the off-grid solar inverter is not turned on? Maybe the car is sensing the charge cord is connected but no power is coming to the EVSE? AFAIK, the car would not let you start to READY mode while charging. Are you powring the car up without pressing the brake? Then you are going to ACC mode (one push) or ON mode (two consecutive pushes). If that is what you are doing, then maybe your 12v battery is getting weak. The car is shutting down so that it won't drain the 12v battery any further. Check your 12v battery and see how healthy it is. Also, try unplugging the charge cord and starting the car in the READY mode that is with the brake pedal firmly depressed and the Power button push, then change the charge amp to 8A in the setting.