1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2017 Prime OEM Roof Rack

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by Adam Dodson, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Adam Dodson

Adam Dodson New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    TLDR, will 2018 and newer OEM Prime roof racks fit a 2017 Prime? Part number is PW30147009

I have a set of OEM crossbars that were sitting in the backseat when I bought my 2017 Prime in 2019. I finally want to use them. When I initially tried to put them on I realized I didn’t have keys, rubber bases, the torque wrench, or the ‘key hole in the door frame’ plugs.

I’ve spent a decent bit of money acquiring those parts only to find they just don’t fit. I did take a chance on the rubber bases because online OEM dealers didn’t list any that fit my car. That is possibly why they don’t fit but considering how far off it is I’m not sure the proper set of rubber bases would make a difference. The front bar actually fit quite well. It‘s the rear that is way off.

So now I’m thinking this set of crossbars was never meant for this car and considering starting from scratch and buying a new set but, again, online OEM sites list zero crossbars that fit the 2017. Only 2018 and newer. What’s the difference in those model years? They’re the same generation and same dimensions, correct? Outside of that the only other thing that would affect fit is the location of the key hole in the doorframe. Anyone have experience and advice with OEM roof racks on Primes?

2. Adam Dodson

Adam Dodson New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Never mind, I figured it out. I checked the part number on the crossbars today. It was the correct number for my car (PW30147005) so I decided to give it another go. Turns out the heads of the anchor bolts were oriented incorrectly and, effectively, made the reach of the rear bar much shorter. Saved myself more money!

Doesn’t matter to me now but I am still am curious to know if PW30147009 would fit the 2016-2017 Prime despite the fact Toyota saying it doesn’t.