1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2017 Prius 4 Tire Noise

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by spyderx, Apr 30, 2017.

1. spyderx

spyderx Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

Coming from 2014 Prius C. This past weekend test drove 4th gen Prius 4 w/ 16" Toyo tires and another 4 Touring w/ 17" Yoko tires. I'm planning to buy the 4 w/ the Toyo tires later this week... but I couldn't help noticing how pronounced the tire noise was when driving w/ window up and AC blasting. Sounded much more pronounced than my C or the 3rd gen Prius which I also owned. Noise was less in the Touring model.

Is this a general characteristic of Toyo tires new and does the noise dim after some wearing? I was also thinking maybe the tires were under inflated?

Otherwise, I thought the standard 4 model w/ Moonstone interior was a great ride and awesome design. (I'm gonna have to get use to getting blinded from the white out Moonstone leatherette intereior)

Really enjoyed the sporty ride and the low seating position in very ergonomic driver seat! Finally, great stock seats! (outside of my Recaros in the Evo) The car felt more like a sports coupe than any hybrid or a family sedan. Great acceleration w/ confident handling! Felt nothing like my gen 3 or my cute C... thanks

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    make the deal, then tell them you want michelins thrown in.;)

RCO likes this.