1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2017 Prius Engine Destroyed By Rodents One Week after Buying

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by O'Shag, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry to hear that. You're the first one on PriusChat (the other member had their front damaged and it cost the insurance company a pretty penny). I'll be curious to know what the bumper (and the rear hatch if that was damaged) will cost.

I don't think carbon fibre can be repaired (someone who's more familiar can help me out here). It is strong so the likelihood of damage is lower but if it does become damaged, it cracks. I don't know if you can fill the cracks like you can repair a cracked plastic bumper.

Canada used to have 8km/h bumper standards. That was removed a few years ago (almost a decade now) to align with U.S. standards so reduce cost to the manufacturers of having two types of bumpers.

The 8km/h standard was that a bumper should not crack or dent when it hits a pole at 8km/h (5mph). Those that failed had expensive repairs (and lower scores)

RCO and Mendel Leisk like this.
  2. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),24 Venza Limit,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Not the first time this has happened to many different cars. All car companies need to make toxic deadly nasty wire coverings like they did in the old days. Now they make eatable wires.

RCO likes this.
  3. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I believe the politically correct term is biodegradable & recyclable. They are just getting "recycled" too early.